Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Copper Spear Point my oldest find of the year.

water logged

Went to the river near my home and found a bunch of pull tabs, and a couple tiny copper nuggets, then after a while I headed to the car by way of the ball diamond. My hands were sore and I was tired, so I decided to "cherry pick" the last few minutes, so i only dug dimes, quarters and high toned signals.
After ten minutes of mediocre signals and with the light fading fast from the autumn sky i got one last signal.:surprised:
Got home and carefully cleaned the crust off and applied a coat of olive oil. This is the second one I've found, maybe tomorrow will make three.

The spearhead measures approximately six inches in length, and was already bent when I pulled it out of the ground, probably a result from the bulldozer that flattened the ball field. I think I'll keep it anyway.

Some of those very old pieces can be worth a lot of money (I used to be an antique dealer). I would take it to a museum to get an accurate age on it. I once had a battle axe with the heads on kings cast onto it. I didn't have a clue as to what it was age-wise but the local museum gave me a free description and the age of it and I was very pleased with their work! Let us know what they tell you!!

Looking on the internet you can find date ranges for north american copper culture from 2000 to 7500 years ago. When i stopped by the gas station, the guy there said we didn't have copper that long ago and it wasn't a spear point. I about hit the floor, you gotta be kidding right? Then it was, how do you know.. Well i found one before.. Na can't be must be something else. Long story short i explained that copper points and tools have been found by people in MI, WI, Ohio and Ontario plus a few other states, and some of the people that live here work in actual iron, and copper mines today.

It's been raining today so i may have to bag the detector for a short hunt.

All the indians used here are rocks they made look like a peanut so they could tie their nets to them. You can find a lot in the river BUT rocks just do not interest me!!