Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

considering a grey gost head set for my nox. thoughts ?

responsible1

Although I mostly beach hunt, I also search fields. I've heard good things about the ghost series but am confused as to which to purchase. I do not need amphibious as I will not ever utilizes that feature. .I am how ever hard of hearing and wonder if one in particular has a clearer sound.
Open to all suggestions.
Thanks, Gill

I have the original gray ghosts headphones and they will not work on my 800.
The also have a set of Killer B’s too and they will not work either.
Just wanted to pass this onto you.

Personally, if I was not entering the water far enough to get the control box underwater I would stay with wireless headphones. Why would you want to be tethered to the detector when you don't have to be?
If you get the control box under water while using wireless headphones you will loose the bluetooth connection. At that point I would be using my GG Amphibians with the waterproof connector. I use the GGA on my Infinium, ATX, ATPro, and Equinox and can say nothing bad about them except some headphone have more comfortable cushions.
It is not like you are listening to a live orchestra, or a great sound system. All the tones put out by detectors that I have seen do not exceed about 10KHz, most single tone audio is below 1KHz. It all comes down to your personal preference.

Not all GG (and other) headphones are built with the same transducers (speaker elements) some also have different impedance, waterproof connector not to mention the wiring requirement that shuts off the control box's internal speaker. Therefore a specific headset may or may not work with a given audio device (metal detector in this case).
There are a few different headsets for sale that are waterproof and have the waterproof Equinox connector wired correctly and have good sound. Like I said I like the GG Amphibians of all the headsets I have used. There have been several Equinox headsets that have been for sale that I have not seen or tried. My two cents...

If you know someone that would let you try their headphones, try before you buy. Or a local dealer may have a selection. Let us know which way you go. So many post just end without knowing the outcome from the original question.

May the ring of gold be in your ears and its glitter in your scoop!

Maybe Santa will surprise you.

fwcrawford said:
I have the original gray ghosts headphones and they will not work on my 800.
The also have a set of Killer B’s too and they will not work either.
Just wanted to pass this onto you.
Have you tried them with the proper adaptor and the wm08 module, they should work fine.
HH Jeff

responsible1 said:
Although I mostly beach hunt, I also search fields. I've heard good things about the ghost series but am confused as to which to purchase. I do not need amphibious as I will not ever utilizes that feature. .I am how ever hard of hearing and wonder if one in particular has a clearer sound.
Open to all suggestions.
Thanks, Gill
Do you have the 800 with the wm 08 module? When coupled with the module most will work via an adaptor.
Grey ghost and Sunray make phones that are compatible via an eighth to quarter inch adaptor [ I prefer the minelab adaptor} by compatible I mean with the module or directly with the detector. There might be other brands of phones out there.
I think you will like the sound/ volume of these standard size headphones.
HH Jeff

I did not try them with the module.
I was using the Minelab adaptor cord at the time.
They probably will work with the WM 08 module.

I use the Gray Ghosts NDT with my Nox and they work perfect when used with the WM08 .
The best tones .