Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:confused::canadaflag:WTB : Whites beach hunter300 ,Minelab Excal 2 OR Tesoro TS

shadow0966

Hey everyone , well I am thinking on selling my Tesoro Tejon and getting a water machine.
My 3 choices are : Whites Beach Hunter300 , Minelab Excalibur 2 or Tesoro Tigershark.

The Whites BH has a very good rep history , I heard that the Excal might not like canadian coins even though I will be after the jewelary, and tesoro's lifetime warranty is hard to beat so maybe some of you can help me with this decision.:help:

Thank You
Shawn

White's machines and service are great, Excalibur works great, tesoro life time warranty? Tough call, are you working salt or fresh water? How much do you want to spend? Have you emailed Clive with your question, I would like to hear what he says. I have a Whites MXT (not water machine) and it works great, I have an Excalibur,I think it will be great once i get up to speed.

Gerry

Gerry said:
White's machines and service are great, Excalibur works great, tesoro life time warranty? Tough call, are you working salt or fresh water? How much do you want to spend? Have you emailed Clive with your question, I would like to hear what he says. I have a Whites MXT (not water machine) and it works great, I have an Excalibur,I think it will be great once i get up to speed.

Gerry

90% fresh water and 10% salt water depending if and where we go on vacation.

I use a whites older surfmaster II and do very well on land and water. the Whites beach hunter would be my choice.
Gary

Hi Shadow,

Go W/ the X-cal. I have the 1and 2.It will pull the goods out of iron, just slow down.I had 2 BHIDs. No depth when I used them in fresh water. 8 inches on a quarter in wet sand. That was it. My buddies with X-cal and CZ-21 were pulling deeper stuff that I couldnt even touch.Did comparisons.And yes I had the machine tuned correctly.Machine could be deeper in salt water because of the conductivity.Good luck, Steve

If you would be hunting mainly fresh, then the Tiger would be best, especially on that crappy clad ya'll have up there. In the event you need to hunt both, then the Excal 800 would get the nod, but it may not do well on the clad up there, unless you hunt in all-metal, which Clive claims "up to 30% depth gains, when used in fresh water". The reason I mentioned the 800, is you WILL need more target separation in fresh water due to there being so much junk in the water. The BHID only comes with that large floating coil, so you will have to fight to keep it submerged & have poor target separation. Good luck on this decision.

n/t

I researched them all and the Excal II seems to be the best for my needs. Florida salt water.

OK, since you're asking about the Beach Hunter 300 and not the BHID, here's some info.

Yes, the BHID coil was a floater! The 300 open coil design is almost neutrally buoyant and very easy to keep on the bottom (at least for me). The coil is 12" but was designed to be hot on the smaller stuff too.

White's did design this coil with all these things in mind and made the change to stock it on the new Beach Hunter 300 for a reason.

I also do plenty of lake hunting and it's one fine detector in that environment too. I get better depth over the older BHID plus still banging hard on the smaller targets!

My buddy runs a CZ21 and does very well with it. We compare signals all the time and both machines are very close in performance (I prefer my 300 over my CZ20).

I like the extra sized coil at the beach as I cover lots of ground with it. The recovery speed is so fast on this detector and you can hunt "all metal" with target id and no other water machine can do this.

You can use the included chest mount and hunt all day with a very lightweight setup.

Everyone has their own preferences on brand and model. All the listed machines have pros and cons that bother some and not others. I had my BHID converted (one of the first) to the "300" for some of the issues that have been listed. The conversion to the 300 has been really good and I haven't looked back on it since!

Hey Shawn....The truth is you will find gold eventually with all of your choices but the trick to MD'ing (IMHO) is to learn to use whatever you buy to the best of your abilities and realize that once you find gold you will always be thinking about "What else am I missing or What else could I have found with a deeper/better machine". And to top it all off you will always be wanting another machine...lol. Most of the guys on here really did their homework b4 they bought or have several years of detecting under their belts (like the mighty GH and alot of the other usual suspects) so your in good hands for help with whatever you buy. I listened to these guys my first summer and realized close to 2k in finds. Thats not bragging because it wasnt me at all.....it was the advice of the forum regulars. So buy the best you can afford and ask lots of questions while you try and try again. I promise you with their help you'll find the loot. Good Luck!

I own a BHID and hunt in Canada (the great lakes) and never looked back. If you get the white's bhid send me a post i will show you a way to make it hunt a lot deeper.

I have a BHID 300 and would love to know how to make it hunt deeper! Please advise: sim5mons@bellsouth.net. Thanks!

i"v got a BHID with the floating coil & a excal 1000 i used the BH for about a year & found a few gold rings but i never liked it that much then i got the excal & i haven't looked back my finds have increased quite a bit more gold, more new coins & man the old coins i"m finding are real deep :yikes: i find it more comfortable which = more hunting time, more user friendly which = faster recovery.
also look at all the great finds & see who's using which detector you"ll soon see the best.
lazyaussie

I have two BHID 300's. Two because my dad and brother like to go with me from time to time.

I hunt 99% fresh water lakes. Used it in Florida last month and it performed excellent. The only change I made was to add an Anderson straight shaft. This helps with keeping it on the bottom with very little effort. In fact, I never really even think about it trying to float up. The straight shaft with the neutrally bouyant coil works very well for me.

Also. The sttraight shaft changes the balance of the machine and makes it much more enjoyable to hunt in the dry. I swung the machine for 5 hours one night on the dry sand and never felt it. When I say I never felt it, I mean that I didn't put the machine down and say, "Thank God that's over."

I hunt the lakes primariliy in Disc mode. When I hit a good target I'll switch to all metal for pinpointing accuracy. I like to run the machine in disc mode while always hearing a slight hum. When the hum gets broken, it usualy means a pretty deep or small target. Then I switch to all metal for pinpointing and digging. Works very well. For example: I was hunting the dry in Florida. The hum was broken. I scanned the spot again looking at the LED's on the machine and, when the hum broke again, the green LED light flashed. I switched to all metal, pinpointed the item, then dug up a small childs ring at 9 inches. The green LED usually indicates silver as well as clad.

Our lakes are filled with all kinds of metal which is why I got the BHID300 with it's discriminating abilities. If I hunted my favorite lake spot in all metal, the machine would never shut up.

Khouse has one for sale in the classys. I hunted with him in Florida last month. Great guy. If you decide on the BHID300, it'll be hard to find one at his price.

Good luck to you. I hope this might help a little.

Disclaimer:

I have no experience with any other machine mentioned in this thread. My opinion then, is quite one sided.

Coolwhips

lazyaussie said:
i"v got a BHID with the floating coil & a excal 1000 i used the BH for about a year & found a few gold rings but i never liked it that much then i got the excal & i haven't looked back my finds have increased quite a bit more gold, more new coins & man the old coins i"m finding are real deep :yikes: i find it more comfortable which = more hunting time, more user friendly which = faster recovery.
also look at all the great finds & see who's using which detector you"ll soon see the best.
lazyaussie

The Beach Hunter 300 was the machine being questioned about and not the BHID.

The 300 is much better over the older model and IMHO goes as deep as any VLF water machine I've used or had the chance to compare too!

Also, I don't post my finds anymore and I find plenty:thumbup:

Shawn, let me add one more machine to the mix: a White's surfmaster PI dual field. I have both the BHID 300 and the PI dual field, and I wonder which of those two would be better in the Atlantic surf off N.C.? Anyone?

I have and have been using the Excal. Switched to the Tiger Shark. Always in fresh water. Today...found another 14K ring, and the usual lead, bottle caps, and almost worthless clad. But...great fun and when the gold shows the rest of the day will go fine. I don't think I'll go back to the Excal. If I do anything it'll be to get the Whites or the Garrett pulse. Jim