Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Confederate Civil War Camp Finds Including 1853 Half Dime

Dman

Vol1266X and I went to a Confederate camp that we had searched before. We thought we'd spend a few hours hunting. We started finding a few enfields and decided to walk down to a creek and search. We found some round balls and enfields. That is where I found the stirrup. I believe it is Confederate because there were a couple of enfields beside it. We decided to take a break and go back to the truck to get a bite. While we were eating, we talked about a hill next to the camp. The grass was pretty high on the hill, but we decided to give it a try anyway. About half way up the hill, we started finding .69s. We also found some round balls. I found a nice flower button. About three quarters up the hill, Vol1266X found a nice Eagle breast plate. We could only hunt in small patches due to the denseness of the grass. In one spot, I found a nice Eagle I button and a couple of flat buttons. We started to leave when I got a faint signal about 8 inches deep. I dug out a plug and pulled out an 1853 half dime with a small hole toward the edge. We think the Eagle I button and Eagle breast plate were probably captured by the Confederates. We hope to go back this when the grass has been cut.

[quote liltracs]I would probably take my mower next time and tell them its free.[/quote]

I'll even mow it for you.....nice finds

n/t

You sure were a happy camper when you dug the 1853 half dime and the nicest dug US "I" Officers Eagle Button with full gold gilt that I have ever seen. This was your first time to hunt a site that had never had a coil run across it. Excellent finds!!!

hi dman. i know that if your're hunting with 1266x, yer gonna do good. you've made some really good finds on your own too. i gotta say it's a hot spot! i betcha can't wait until the grass is cut, i believe there's a good bit more out there. nice group of relics there dman. hh,

In the first photo, what is the t-shaped, dark relic toward the left side? I have one just like it and never knew what it was. Your help would be appreciated, Great finds, thanks for sharing.

[quote jbeverts]In the first photo, what is the t-shaped, dark relic toward the left side? I have one just like it and never knew what it was. Your help would be appreciated, Great finds, thanks for sharing.[/quote]

It is a pin that went to a wagon.
Dman