Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

computer question

ojm bc

I often see laptop computers at the coffee shops,,I was wondering with wireless can you get the Internet without a contract from the service providers?? I know that a wireless adapter is needed? just curious oj

n/t

Starbucks charges for it but Esquires is free. I tie in to Porter's coffee house out here all the time. Just need WiFi.
All new laptops have it.

just Google Wifihotspots and you will find what you want.

http://www.wi-fihotspotlist.com/

Heck, many people do not protect their routers and your computer will just find them for you, in fact most will look for a wifi hotspot when you boot up and then list the ones available to you and also if they are locked or public.

Many bars and restaurants have them and they are free. You can usually just set in their parking lot and surf with a laptop or ipod touch, etc.

Here in Seguin, Texas, you can connect at Chiro-java, which is an upscale downtown coffee shop run by a chiropractor's wife--hence the name--& at the local Wendy's. It's free at both places. There may be other places but I don't know about them.