Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Complimentary detector to an MXT

Kenfen

I have an MXT that I just got and I'm pleased with it. I'd like to explore getting a second machine that would compliment the MXT. I see some of the combinations you all have but I'd like to open a discussion further on this.

What are your suggestions? What are your applications for each machine?

The second machine doesn't have to be a beach machine as I don't do much of that kind of hunting, mainly coinshooting and relics. But, if you second is a Beach machine, I'm open to that....

Kind Regards,

Kenfen

n/t

I have a Fisher CZ7A, old Garrett MH5 not used much anymore and a White's XLT. The Fisher goes deeper than the XLT but finds more trash and nails, I prefer the XLT but they are both good machines. I have to dig just about everything here in Germany due to so many different types of coins and materials they're made from. Now that you have a good machine, think of the things you would change to make that one better. A good suggestion is to put light weight on the list of reasons to buy. HH and good luck shopping for a new machine, Mike

I recommend the IDX PRO.I have both it and the MXT and they complement each other perfectly.The IDX is prefered for working dense trash due to a very fast response and recovery time .You will find much about it if you do a search of Monte`s postings.It is his favorite and is fast becoming mine.

Thanks for your suggestions! I took my dealers advise and decided on the XL Pro as my second machine. I'm looking forward to it.

Regards,

Kenfen

Or some other muti Freq machine.THe XLpro is a single freq machine and I doubt it will go anywhere's near as deep as the MXT.The DFX along with other dual freq and Tone ID work great in heavy trash areas and excell on saltwater beaches.The multi freq machines will probably go twice as deep on a saltwater beach then your MXT or xlpro will go.DAve

:I'd thought in that direction.... can you tell me more. All the reviews I've seen on the XL say that it's a deep seeking machine. It's not too late for me to rethink this. I'm open to more suggestions.

TIA,

Kenfen

I doubt that the xlpro is as deep as your MXT.Nonetheless,I don't think it would compliment your MXT.A dmulti freq. machine with a tone id WOULD compliment your MXT.The tone id will let you hunt though the trashiest of sites without even looking at the metera and as I said before,the two or more freqs will give you much better depth on saltwater beaches.I had an Xlpro in the late 80's.I got about 4" maximum depth on saltwater beaches with it.I'm sure the newer ones are better,but the last time I used the DFX on an ocean beach,nickels and pull tabs at 12"+ were comming in as strong signals.I do feel a Multiple freq,Tone Id machine would compliment your MXT.I don't see how single tone ,i freq machine that probably doesn't go as deep as your MXT will help you.Dave

I just did a morning hunt at a hunted out school.

took me an hour to get a signal I thought might be good, all based on TONE and I am sure the MULTI FREQ also played a big role.

The find was only a 1951 Rosie but around here any silver is good.

I have pounded this site with top of the line machines but the amount of trash signals have a tendency of masking, I am talking 10 targets to a swing type of area.

Last time at the site was with a Shadow X-5 single tone machine that goes deep, I had to turn the disc way up and I am sure the masking is why it missed the silver.

I have got silver before at the site but it was with another top of the line multi freq machine with tone ID.

If you get another machine and it is not as good or better than the MXT you won't be happy, I know that is the way I have felt over the years.

Charlie

I also think that once you've had a good machine with tone id,it's hard to go back to single tone machine.Unless you use it for hunting relics,where you dig just about everything.Dave

I'd have to agree with Dave Z. The DFX would be the way to go. It gives you the versatility of dual freq. and a very good Tone ID mode. What would be the advantage of the XL Pro?

Guys, thanks so much. Your info has gotten me off the fence. I originally wanted a second detector that would not make me put the MXT in the closet, so that's the reason I came up with the XL Pro-MXT idea.

But, having researched more and listening to all of you and reading and reading, anything less than a DFX is going to leave me always thinking about it. I know myself pretty well....LOL

So, vote is in and I've decided on the DFX. It'll be a nice machine I can grow into. That will be some powerhouse combo.

Thanks for your opinions and help!

Regards,

Kenfen

Don't be to quick to judge the DFX.The factory preset programs only give you about a third of the depth it's capable of.Go to the DFX fourm and ask all the questions you want.We have some great programs listed also that will give you the most out of the DFX.Good luck,Dave

Thanks DaveZ. Yes, and I see you've been kind enough to post some of your custom programs as well. that's a big plus.

Shawn, yes, a definate plus. I don't have to buy double on the coils. That was a major point in my decision.

Thanks!

Kenfen