Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

competition hunting with an MXT

marcoo

I've got a new MXT and I've never been to a MD gathering so I am considering going to a competition hunt. Problem is... I'm still learning my machine.

Can anyone with some experience give me an tips to get ready? Anything I can do to practice? How fast should I swing? Will I get noise from other machines? If noise, what can I do to cancel it? What should I expect during the hunt? Anything I should look for that would give me an edge in finding targets? How should I proceed ie: go to the middle, sides etc, follow the pack, stay away from the pack? What is the best strategy? What are the most important things I should know about a competition hunt? What mode should I be in? Is the MXT even a good machine for a competition hunt? Should I sit out the hunt and just enjoy the company? Any links on tips you can suggest?

Thanks in advance.

Anything I can do to practice? No, not really.

How fast should I swing? Pace yourself you'll probably have 1/2 -1 hour to hunt depending on the size of the area and the amount of people in the hunt.

Will I get noise from other machines? Yes

If noise, what can I do to cancel it? Keep moving.

What should I expect during the hunt? A bunch of crazy people looking for the same coins you are looking for.

Anything I should look for that would give me an edge in finding targets? Depends on whether it is a shotgun start (everyone finds a spot in the middle of the hunt field.) or you start from the sides of the planted field.

How should I proceed ie: go to the middle, sides etc, follow the pack, stay away from the pack? Yes.

What is the best strategy? BEEP DIG !!

What are the most important things I should know about a competition hunt? Find as many coins as fast as you can and DON'T WORRY ABOUT THOSE THAT ARE FINDING COINS NEXT TO YOU!!!

What mode should I be in? Ummm how about coin?? NO discrimination.

Is the MXT even a good machine for a competition hunt? Does it beep when you go over a coin with it? MXT is fine.

Should I sit out the hunt and just enjoy the company? You could do that too!

Any links on tips you can suggest? Nope, just have fun. That is what its' all about. Good luck.