Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Comparison: 18.75 khz -9"concentric to the 10" DD

konabikemike

I would like any comparison of these to coils( 18.75 khz 9" concentric & 10" DD round ) against one to the other on the beach and to gold targets on black sand beaches .any comments.lets hear.

I would like to hear this comparison also as I have the 9" concentric and am contemplating buying the DD. Thanks!!

When you say beach I'll assume a saltwater beach. On damp/wet sand, hands down the DD for two reasons.

1. You will be able to run the sensitivity significantly higher than on a concentric.
2. Coverage as far as the coil pattern, which also pertains to dry sand also.

Therefore higher sensitivity will mean deeper targets.

HH
BarnacleBill

So Based on what are saying . I believe that the 10' round DD is the better coil overall .I will not be in salt water area only fresh water with black sand and surf.also fields and schools for coins and jewelry .one coil to do it all.

If you are in freshwater then you want to make sure the "black" you are seeing is caused by minerals and not decaying organic material. Some people see black and automatically think magnetite. So this may change some factors to consider, conventional wisdom is concentrics size for size are deeper, and disc a little better. But the 10.5 DD is slightly larger than the 9 inch concentric which may make up for the depth difference.

If you know for sure it is magnetite, and plan on spending a fair amount of your time on this/these beach areas then go for the DD.

HH
BarnacleBill

Very helpful. Yes to the black sand (magnetite) we have plenty here on Ontario beaches .looks like I have to buy one for the new detector that I hope to get in the next two days .most likely Xterra 50 or M6 so then I have to buy the 6x10 DD for the Whites.Thank you BarnacleBill
Michael

Just following the post and wanted to pose this question to the experts, would you rather have the X70 or MXT with stock coil, or buy the X50 or M6 with two coils, assuming you would get the 10.5 inch hf dd coil with the Minelab and the best equivalent with the whites.
Personally, I have not used the X50, but am very happy I went with the X70 with the more advanced ground tracking and prospecting mode.
I know I'll eventually buy the coils in the future anyway.
Dave in NJ

Coverage is a big advantage with any of the DD coils, but especially on the two larger DD coils as they hold their pattern deeper in the ground, versus the eliptical design. I found all three of the hi freq coils will balance to the wet salt sand and find the larger DD coils to be as deep or deeper than the concentric coils.
HH
Neil