Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Compadre - Coil Size

Hi there,

I am going to be ordering a new Compadre for my daughter and I was told it comes with either a 5.75 or 8 inch coil and they are not interchangable. I'm pretty sure I am going for the 8" coil, but I was just wondering what most of you use with your Compadre and your thoughts on both coils? I'm sure the smaller coil is better in trash and the bigger coil gets better coverage and depth, but I would just like to hear your opinions on the coils if you'd be kind enough to share them.

Thanks,
Craig (and daughter Brielle)

I like the 8" the best personally for ground coverage, but the 5.75 is lighter.
Nothing against the 5.75, I own both, but the 8 is my first and for general purpose I like it.
5.75 great for smaller areas. But 8 wins for being able to do larger areas with it. More coverage

You sure can ask a hard question to answer. You already understand the difference between the 2 sizes.

For your daughter, If she is small, I would say the small coil,. Why ?? I don't know. Maybe because she is small.. Maybe she don't want to dig deep holes. ( small coil ).

Either one would be OK..

I ain't much help... KEN

ken ward said:
You sure can ask a hard question to answer. You already understand the difference between the 2 sizes.

For your daughter, If she is small, I would say the small coil,. Why ?? I don't know. Maybe because she is small.. Maybe she don't want to dig deep holes. ( small coil ).

Either one would be OK..

I ain't much help... KEN

Np Ken,

She is soon to be 9 and pretty strong for her age. I'm pretty sure I may barrow it from time to time. ;) As stated, I know what both coils are designed to do, I was kinda just wondering which coil most of you (who use Compadres) decided to go with.

Thanks

CoinShooter-Craig said:
ken ward said:

Either one would be OK..

I ain't much help... KEN

Np Ken,

She is soon to be 9 and pretty strong for her age. I'm pretty sure I may barrow it from time to time. ;) As stated, I know what both coils are designed to do, I was kinda just wondering which coil most of you (who use Compadres) decided to go with.

Thanks
As for her height, I've heard of people using the smaller divers lower rod for kids. Not sure if it'll adjust short enough but seems to work well

Stoof-tabsallday said:
As for her height, I've heard of people using the smaller divers lower rod for kids. Not sure if it'll adjust short enough but seems to work well

Thanks for the advice Stefan. We'll see how the Compadre fits her at the lowest setting and go from there. I'll be ordering it early next week.

Have a good weekend

Awesome!
Have you decided on which size?
Also be sure to send the warranty card in withing the 10 days. They've gotten pretty strict about that lately.
Happy hunting!!

Stoof-tabsallday said:
Awesome!
Also be sure to send the warranty card in withing the 10 days. They've gotten pretty strict about that lately.
Happy hunting!!

I'm leaning towards the 8" coil. I'm just curious to see what most people use on theirs. Tesoros are light to begin with, so I don't think the weight difference between the 5.75 and 8 inch coils will make that much of a difference. Plus, I'll be detecting with her and we can take turns if she gets tired swinging.

Where in Michigan are you located? I'm in Northern Wisconsin.

CoinShooter-Craig said:
Stoof-tabsallday said:
Awesome!
Happy hunting!!

I'm leaning towards the 8" coil. I'm just curious to see what most people use on theirs. Tesoros are light to begin with, so I don't think the weight difference between the 5.75 and 8 inch coils will make that much of a difference. Plus, I'll be detecting with her and we can take turns if she gets tired swinging.

Where in Michigan are you located? I'm in Northern Wisconsin.

Southeastern Michigan north of Detroit.

Stoof-tabsallday said:

Ah, Just curious if you were in the UP. Some beautiful country up there. ;) I've dug up some float copper on a ski hill near my house that the glacier brought down on it's journey Southward.

CoinShooter-Craig said:
Stoof-tabsallday said:

Ah, Just curious if you were in the UP. Some beautiful country up there. ;) I've dug up some float copper on a ski hill near my house that the glacier brought down on it's journey Southward.
Yeah it's beautiful up there. Real wilderness in alot of it.