Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Common Spring... Man we had rain all day yesterday and

Royal

now we only have a foot or less of snow on the lawn and woods. It is solid ICE!! I was just out throwing corn for the deer and walking on top of the snow. I mean it is a block of ice all the way to the ground.

I can not remember if I told you or not but I have caught 12 squirrels, one skunk and a coon so far. I just caught another grey squirrel but just turned it loose as I have a handle on the squirrel population now. At least until Mary heads south and that is tomorrow morning :D

We had nine deer out there last night and one of the guys only had three legs. :( its right rear leg was gone at the elbow, or what ever they call it on a deer. It was sad to see, probably from some clown during hunting season. It looked well fed and has made it through the winter. My buddy Dave has had several of them in the past few years. One I called tripod.

It seems to be getting along ok but the big does are pestering it a bit, swatting at it but they are doing the same thing to the other deer too. Natures way.

I saw a bald eagle just down the road the other day and the buzzards are back. I saw a robin today so spring has to be around the corner. It is warming into the 50's in the next few days and all those dry ponds are full and the river is up.

I saw a squirrel on my feeder that had a horrible bulge on its side. It was as big as a dang lemon! If Mary were not here I woud have shot the sucker. Maybe tomorrow if I see it again.

defensive ability is gone,i bet the coyotes notice.be careful and don't bust your a double s on that ice.i bet even if it warms some it will take a week to clear the ground.

skunk last night and there was a coon on another tree eating my dang sunflower seeds. Gonna try for him tonight!!:thumbup:

pellet gun for those suckers----as long as Mary is not here to catch me :D

n/t

The deer are coming out and getting hit on an all too regular basis up here... Probably 2-4 per day. The winter has been so long and now that the snow is disappearing, they are scrounging for feed. And they get hit by cars, trucks, semis--- whatever. However, thje eagles are getting fed with no work on their part.

Calm seas

Mikie