Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Cold weather survival tips

Pete in MI

This may be too late advice for some during this cold weather....to keep water lines from freezing let water trickle from faucet(s). The small continuous flow of water will keep the lines from freezing.

Another tip - if you have to go outside - dress in layers, cover as much flesh as you can AND ALWAYS wear a scarf over your nose and mouth so you breath warm air into your lungs and not arctic cold air.

A tip for automobiles - before starting the vehicle and putting that huge drain on the battery - turn on your headlights for about a minute. This small current drain will help warm the battery. Turn off the lights then be sure all fans, radio, etc, are off. Then start the engine.

To help the battery and engine to be warmer than the cold air, using a trouble lamp under the hood will provide some addition heat so the engine and battery are not as cold as the outside air.

If you are on the road and the car breaks down - stay in the car. Hang a red scarf or other red item out of the drivers door or window so they can be seen by passing motorists. The car may not be working but it is better to stay with the car than to freeze to death out in the cold.

With the advantage of cell phones, unless your phone is dead you should be able to call 911 for help.

These are tips I learned from being in the Air Force as a Police Officer at an Air Base in Michigan's Upper Peninsula where temps were in sub zeros many times in the winter.

Feel free to share this with others. It could save someone a lot of money or their life.

God bless, may Angels protect you and yours, Be Safe and pray for the elderly and any losing power

drive 10 miles back and forth to work and may have her car out in the cold all the time....I am concerned about her having to drive to work during these horrible, frigid days or nights with an old car, please pray for her protection! Thank you again and God Bless and be with you and Sherry always! My house didn't sell and I'm still here in St. Louis South County, MO, so no traveling anywhere as of now...enjoy each other in God's wonderful love! Amen! :angel: Ma

Never thought about the turning the lights on.

Make sure the roof vent for your furnace is clear of snow. If snow blocks it the only place the carbon monoxide can go is back into the house which will kill every living thing if not caught in time.

n/t

Troy has had his hand surgery and will, hopefully, be ready to work when it gets warmer by March or April....very difficult times for them, me and many, many others, but God is with her and me, also! She is as concerned about me as I am about her! :blink: :angel: Ma

n/t