Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Cold digs…..

Mike from MI "Iron Brigade"

Staff member
Went out two days ago and did a short hunt at my aunts yard. I hunted it before and got some Indians. It was cold but if the ground is diggable I'm going. Only got two clad dimes and two trucks. I did get an old fired musket ball and a very old small buckle. Went today to one of my favorite pounded sites in off and on freezing rain. Only hunted a little over an hour. I did manage a 1936 Buff and a 1941 Jefferson nickel, a few clad, and some misc items. I try every year to hunt every month of the year, and here in MI that can be tough. So far I have two hunts in Jan and two in Feb. Come on spring!!!!
[attachment 364607 IMG_6510.jpg] [attachment 364608 IMG_6511.jpg]
[attachment 364609 IMG_6513.jpg] [attachment 364610 IMG_6514.jpg]
[attachment 364611 IMG_6515.jpg] [attachment 364612 IMG_6516.jpg]

Hey Mike, Glad you were able to get out. It's always a thrill to find the old nickels and toy trucks. The weather is just too cold, for me. An hour in cold weather brings on 'Ole Arthur' and then it's meds to combat it ... so I don't go out, when it's cold.

Congratulations. I just hope I can get out 5 times this year I only got two go a few times last year.

Nice finds, Mike, brave soul--Gotta take care of that cabin & gold fever now & then--I remember hunting on Jan 1st one year & it was in the 70's with PPL wearing T-Shirts & shorts -- don't remember if I did good or not but was good just to get out & about! :angel: Ma