Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Cold but quiet here today...Everyone is out galavanting.

George-CT

My daughters dog, Cracker just slid under my chair to play. She will wait for you to walk over her and then wrap her legs around you
and not bite, but show her teeth and pinch you....She will play all day long if you have the time. Good guard dog. Nothing gets in here with our her barking at about 200 decibels....

Another cold snap here now for the next 5 days and then some warming. That ice I mentioned we got 2 weeks ago is still here...tricky walking for sure.... I just sanded down back here on the turn around as I have the UPS man arriving tomorrow in the am with my new monitor for the pc here. Decided to try one of those 22 inch LCD units out.... I wanted so I can put to screens up like I do when I'm working on the club website and be able to see what I do and how it looks at the same time...... and the other part just because I wanted one. I can hang it on the wall also and may give that a try.....

I was out this morning down by the local pond and there were a bunch of folks ice fishing....Lots of solid ice and they looked like they were doing pretty good as I saw fish coming up out of the holes....From a distance it looked like pickerel and perch. Should of had my camera with me to get a shot of one coming thru the hole but forgot it..... Had to get diesel fuel.... Its $2.59 a gallon here right now.
Gas is $1.81.... A month ago, gas was down to $1.19.... They claim, all the fuel oil tanks etc are full and plenty of fuel around, but still it goes up.... What cha gonna do, you gonna play, your gonna pay.... So be it.......beats pushing this junk around....

No melting around here yet. It was a splendid -3 this morning. Even had a little skim on the horse water in the barn.....Just the window pane ice but still ice.....

Well, got a pot of beef stew on the stove and a nice loaf of fresh home made bread. Life is good..

George-CT

Got two more pumps today to TIG up {It is nice being the only person who can weld aluminum up here :):] I have done five this year. One was cast iron and the others have been aluminum too. But how hard is it to just pick them up and drain them...... Duh!! These are not well pumps... they are water pumps that are used for irrigation. They are not terribly big. But hey, at least I get to make a few bucks :):

We were down to -14 celsius last night... I guess around 4 or 5 degrees F. I am getting really tired of all this 'global warming' Time for spring to arrive.

Fair winds

Mikie

has been a lot of in the ground , main pipes freezing and cracking. To or 3 malls here had them break and flooded them out. Most are 8 inch lines or larger. The ground is frozen deep this year and causing a lot of problems. Its good for ice racing at the club but not much else.... When does your weather usually break there? Here is usually the last week of March. Sometimes later. Then its mud season for a few weeks. ONe don't want to leave the packed road that time of year. Funny I had the linemen come in last year to replace insulators on a poll from where the ice pulled it off..... I mentioned to the young driver that he really should not drive his rig there, but to walk in and climb it.... I got the old..."Don't tell me how to do this, I cut my eye teeth on jobs like this. My thoughs were OK MR expert 18 year old, show me your stuff........Down in he went...See no problem...and he went to work...While working with the boom out I noticed the truck sinking in on just its own weight. Well, about 1/2 hour later I hear him spinning, evenin 4 wheel drive, they all dropped down.... Oh, no problem he says, thats what this winch is for on the front. Cool....... He walks ahead and wraps it around a tree... Think the tree will hold her he ask....thats the lease of your problmes I answered....I got the blank look from him, like go away old man.... So I sat on the stone wall to watch... I could have grabbed him with the Cat D-4, but what the he!!... Well, he has got the wheels turning slowly, and he starts taking up on the winch, then the line goes tight enough so you could walk it, and then it breaks at the hook. Whats left of the hook comes sailing back and right throught the windshield..... I couldn't resist, I hollered out, hows it going there expert? If lookks cold kill, I'd be dead now.... He walks around it a few times and comes over....What are we gonna do now. WE...you must have a mouse in your pocket, WE are not doing anything.... My advice was on the front of this project, I don't have any for the end....

Well he got on the radio....they came with another and said forget it till its dryed up in about 2 or 3 weeks...And there it sat for 3 weeks... to bad it was stuck, I would have liked to have used the boom on it to tree up some trees along my driveway for the fire department. There are still signs of the ruts there and it gives me a chuckle everytime I see them.....

Funny, I read in the paper that a big chunk of ice is breaking up in the artic from the warming.... Perhaps its just breaking off and coming here to live in Ct. or BC...No warmiing in these parts......

Take care.................George-CT

that was a great idea!

How is Alice fairing these days. That would drive me nuts to be lain up thiis long but it is better in the winter I guess. Gotta suck for sure

n/t

I am taking her over the hill on Thursday for another appointment. You know our 'excellent' health system.

Anyway, they have an urgent request on her knee... Maybe at the same time, they can figure out what is going on with her hip.

She hates the laying about.... but she has patience because she has done a lot of it over the years.

calm seas

Mikie