Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coinstar Winter find

broadestpower

I shared this in a post on Today's Finds but wanted to share it with my brothers and sisters. We brought some change to a local coinstar which I try not to do. They charge about 10% on the dollar. Funds have been drying up lately and the change was looking inviting. We changed in about $74.00 in change.There is a rejection bin at the bottom for undesirable coins that coin star does not want to accept. With a lot of the coins coming from the ground, a good hand full were rejected. Many times when coins are rejected, I' ll run them a second time, because some are counted on the second run. I picked out all the rejected coins and placed them a second time in the tray. I noticed what appeared to be a pretty nice quarter in the rejected coins. The wings of the eagle were visible so I knew this wasn't a rejected foreign coin. I flipped the coin on its side sure enough no copper, flipped it again squinting to see the date and there it was1964. No mint mark so Philadelphia is its birth home. Numismatic value $6.50 but saw it on eBay in its condition for as much as 8.50 not bad for a rejected quarter. George

WTG George ! - I always check the coin reject but no goodies yet. However - - one time the coins over loaded the machine & the manager had to open it up. She said here's your coins and a couple more. I saw one small silvery one in the corner & said can I have that one also ? She said sure. After finishing up I checked & it was a silver Mexican coin, just smaller than a US dime.

steve in so la

Wow! I didn't know that coin was worth so much. Glad you found it.........it just payed for your coffee for a week!

Thanks guys the silver value is around $4.00 the collector value is much higher. I think since childhood I have ever found a couple silver coins in pocket change.I surely never expected to find one if this quality.

For some reason they reject silver. It's a good thing! I have found silver laying in there just while passing by. I told my son to check it one time and he came back with a handful of coins. $4.80 all Canadian. :thumbup:

n/t