Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

coins in australia

emubob

because of the latest trend in australia not to carry cash to buy most anything,using smart phones and credit cards is now the way to go.detecting has forced me to dig everything that squeecks burps or farts in the hope that it is somewhat valuable and keepable.no more not digging pull tabs or screwcaps off wine bottles.so buying the latest detector was really a waste of money.the other six detectors that i have still found stuff.the new one found the dwindling targets well.ah well,shouldn't have listened to all the hype again.emu bob.see ya

Im not sure why you are calling a machine that so far has proven itself at one heck of a price hype? If its not there its not there.... location location location. What were you expecting? Surely you bought the 800.......and are out there looking for that RAW yellow? Are you new to detecting? I beach hunt....... even the Nox wont JUST find gold for me i have to put in a lot of hours...... some good some bad...... BUT its more about enjoying the hobby. Research your local history ..... a spot can only be pounded so many times. I wouldnt blame the machine.

when i got the 800 i was finding twenty to thirty dollars in all the parks around the area but slowly the coin finds began to drop off to three or four dollars on average.i like the machine and i hunt all the venues where people might go. cairns where i live is a tourist city. we have beachs here over run by the other detectorists.on our beach'swhen you detect it's one eye on the water and one the beach.we have crocadiles that swim along the edge of beachs.they add a little spice to life.emu bob

three hours this morning in a well used park i found a one dollar coin and two pre decimal copper pennies.wow!!! emubob

Count yourself lucky...the highest denomination coin in common circulation in the U.S. is 25 cents. :surrender:

We'd love to have 1 and 2 dollar coins like you guys and Canada have.

Hope you at least had fun being out hunting,
:)
mike

emubob said:
three hours this morning in a well used park i found a one dollar coin and two pre decimal copper pennies.wow!!! emubob

Plenty of us hunting parks around Cairns emubob. Could see you out there one day.

Cheers

The problem is not necessarily down to the amount of coins drops in this day and age, but also due to the sheer number of people out there with metal detectors. Metal detecting used to be an almost "underground" hobby, though is now more widely accepted as a family activity. Luckily for us Australians it doesn't take long to amass a decent total with a few $1 & $2 coins under the belt, can be a different story elsewhere. These days you get detectorists sitting in their cars literally waiting for the moment when a site is unoccupied or directly after an event to cherry pick recently dropped coins, hence there is often not much left over for latecomers.