Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

COINS EFFECTED BY GROUND MINERLIZATION

ISLANDJOE

What effect if any will Salt corroded pennies or any discolored coin that have been effected or deteriorated by the ground mineralization will have on the reading and icons, if any, when they are detected? Will I be getting a true reading? What should I be expecting ?

BOB

Your new Vision, like ALL other makes and models, will respond to any metal target based upon the alloy content, size, shape, position with relationship to the search coil presentation, deterioration of the metal, conductive properties, ground mineral make-up, ground compaction, ground moisture (or lack of), and I'm sure I missed one or two things. :) Also, the settings used and search coil size and type can also have an influence on how a target is read.

The Vision has the best visual TID information I have ever experienced! I'm on my second afternoon with mine and what I enjoy the most right now isn't the tangible finds I'm making, but the 'fun' of learning what the Vision has to offer. Along the way I've encountered the partially eaten or pitted or encrusted 1

"The Vision has the best visual TID information I have ever experienced! I'm on my second afternoon with mine and what I enjoy the most right now isn't the tangible finds I'm making, but the 'fun' of learning what the Vision has to offer."

Monte - that's exactly where I'm at right now with the Vision. Having fun and not digging much. All on purpose and for my own reasons. And my first experience with wireless headphones thanks to White's. Now I wonder if other styles of headphones will be offered sometime down the road. Single cup, maybe a style for real hot weather etc.

Ma halo Monte,

All ways enjoy reading post from some as knowledgeable as you.

I 'll be out later on this evening after the sun starts to settle. I have jars of different types of coins including half of dollars that I will be testing on the beach. Just trying to get an idea of what to expect.

Saturday I was out on the beach spent about 3 hours burying 14kt rings and bracelet's. I buried 4 different 14kt gold rings consisting of white gold and just plain gold rings at a measured 7 inches. There was not problem at all detecting and all VDI'S and depth was in range. Even enjoyed see the BIG RED curve come out on top. Even the bracelet was a winner.

Still more than learn.

Aloha and have a good afternoon

BOB

tab-nabit said:
Monte - that's exactly where I'm at right now with the Vision. Having fun and not digging much. All on purpose and for my own reasons. And my first experience with wireless headphones thanks to White's. Now I wonder if other styles of headphones will be offered sometime down the road. Single cup, maybe a style for real hot weather etc.
Having fun is the #1 reason I engoy metal detecting thought all these years, and the Vision adds to that in it's own way. I'll be learning it for a long while, but that the #1 thing I want to do whenerever I turn on any detector, regardless of where or the reason, is to either A.. Learn something new, or B.. Refresh my memory of something I have leaned in the past. The #2 goal is to find something of interest. The more effort I put into #1, the more I enjoy the successes of #2. That's been my philosophy ever since I started 44 years ago this month. I start on my 45th year tomorrow. :)

In my case I have been using the visual and audio information to classify a target as potentially good to dig, or most likely junk to ignore ..... then I dig it anyway to make sure I am understanding the language of the Vision.

As for headphones, I haven't a clue what they might do, but due to the battery requirement and the electronics needed for them to work, and work as well as they do, and to still be as comfortable as they are, I sort of doubt that any "light-weight" version is in the plans. Personally, I like the headphones. I was over visiting with my friends, Aundrea & Chris, last night and let them tinker with my Vision for a few minutes. It took maybe 3, no, more like 2 minutes for Chris to decide he wants one. However, he doesn't care for the headphones. The audio is fine, and he likes the cordless feature, but he said he's very self-conscious about how he looks and felt they looked a bit big and clunky.

Personally, I don't care what other people think of my looks. Heck, I am using a metal detector, and have a belt and recovery pouch and Lesche digger about my middle, and they mainly see some old phart getting his fingers dirty chasing a lowly penny or two. Who cares what the addition of a set of headphones does to that picture! :rofl:

I am still of the opinion that every serious detectorist needs at least two models that compliment each other , and at least two search coils for a detector, but, I am more than satisfied with the efforts White's 'team' has been able to develop in the Vision.

Best of success to you!

Monte

Got one. I Will look forward to all of your Posts like always. Thanks for your Inputs on the new machine. They should have given you a machine to test right along with the rest of them. Your Credibility and Knowledge is Impeccable in my book. Have not decided yet. I will wait till I see how you guys do on correct ID at depth on targets/mineralization in the dirt. I am especially interested in the Analyse screen on Gold jewelry and different pull tabs and foil and how they compare st shallow and deeper depths.. As you know I hunt jewelry and relic's more then anything. Well just thought I would say Congrats. and thanks for all the info you have always shared with everyone over all the years. :thumbup: Keep up the great work. Hope you have a lot of fun with the Vision. I know I do with all the detectors I have. Whats one more Right????? :rofl: :D: :D: HH Jerry aka Tinfoil