Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coin roll hunting......what next?

NWMOhunter

So I've been reading up on coin roll hunting and starting to learn more about it. My question for you guys is, what do you do with the ones you find? Like, if you find some that are silver do you sell them to a metal dealer or do you sell them to a coin dealer or what?

Also, if I spend $1000 on halfs, what is the ratio of those I will sell back compared to those I keep? I know it will vary, but on the average.

[quote Uncle Willy]It's sort of like shooting craps.

Bill[/quote]Maybe ttaht's why I like because I like a hot craps table. I read a post on a CR hunting forum that a 1% find of silver in a box of halfs (1000 coins) is a good box. So about 10 per 1000. I keep mine.

Sometimes good, sometimes bad. I just about hit the motherlode a few months back. Out of $250 worth I got 26 1964 90% silver and 67 silver clad halves 40% silver. Never before got that much. Things are really tight here and my eyeglasses frame fell apart and no repair parts. There are some 71"s and 73"s that have silver but you need a scale that has grams out two decimal places, X.XX. You'll never know if you don't try it.
HH

Those are pretty fair odds. When I lived in Vegas I had a buddy of mine who made 15 straight passes on the table but was a scaredy cat and pulled his money each time. I was raising hell with him but it didn't work. He walked out with a few bucks when he could have walked out with a train load of money.

I think the record down there is 26 straight passes and that guy pulled his money also. If they would have lifted the limit on the table and had he had the guts to let it ride he could have walked away with millions.

Bill

[quote Uncle Willy]Those are pretty fair odds. When I lived in Vegas I had a buddy of mine who made 15 straight passes on the table but was a scaredy cat and pulled his money each time. I was raising hell with him but it didn't work. He walked out with a few bucks when he could have walked out with a train load of money.

I think the record down there is 26 straight passes and that guy pulled his money also. If they would have lifted the limit on the table and had he had the guts to let it ride he could have walked away with millions.

Bill[/quote]I like betting the hard ways. Made some good $$$ on them. Lost some too:cry: