Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

COIN QUESTION

gware12

I was detecting and got a faint hit on the dollar ID. I just could not zero in on anything, so should I start digging a large hole in hopes of getting a better hit or would it be difficult to do . Any ideas welcome.

Yes...for two reasons:

[size=large]1) Get that coil deeper towards that target and get another reading.

2) Dig it, it could be a ring, a silver dollar, gold nugget, a pair of tickets to see the Rolling Stones.[/size]

That's part of the hobby......the "UNKNOWN" And it doesn't cost you anything to find out, yet the target could be worth millions :thumbup:

It depends. It could be a large hunk of junk way down, but if you are in an area where large holes won't get you and other detectorists in trouble then it might pay to experiment and dig for it. Could you pinpoint it at all or was it a blank? If you're using a 250 it will detect deeper than it can pinpoint.

Bill

Scan the spot with the sensitivity all the way up. You may have to lift the coil off the ground by about a half inch. If it is a good target you should get a better signal, even in pinpont.

[quote John-Edmonton]
2) Dig it, it could be a ring, a silver dollar, gold nugget, a pair of tickets to see the Rolling Stones.[/size][/color]

[/quote]I saw them back in the 80's but I'd dig to China for a pair to see them again:super:

Yeah me to, they're about my age now, oooold! :rofl: I first saw them when they were teeny bobbers.. Course I first saw and met Elvis when he was nineteen. Man does that date me. :rofl:

Bill