Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

coin jewelry mode and all other modes noisy

explore

Hi guys I'm playing around with my v3i learning about it never used it, now what I notice is this unit is noisy and on all modes. I played with all sorts of settings and then restored them to factory. The coil I have is the whites D2 coil. The only way I can stop all the buzzing is if i turn the threshold to 0 now that cant be right can it.noisy. Since I'm new with this unit can some help me out some.:sad:
Thanks

Threshold should to be this way. When silent you know that you passed over a target that's to deep to produce a tone. I hope that helps

Read the manual about 3 times ,if you dont have 1 it is on line . Dont try to test in in the house because of EMI (electro magnetic interference) 3rd the machines set hot from the factory. Start with 1 program outside and get familar with what things do after reading the manual. Copy the manual take the coil wire loose and read the manual as you go though all the sttings.Thats the best I can tell ya friend. Yazoo

Have you had another machine, and was it a theshold model. There should be a threshold hum but it should be set so you can barely hear it. This not a silent threshold machine.

If you are not talking about a threshold let me know.

explore,

What you want to achieve is the highest Signal to Noise ratio possible. That is to say, you want to transmit the highest signal possible, and you want to incur as little noise as possible. One quick check for EMI is to hold the coil waist high and pull the trigger. If you get a "motor boating sound", it

explore said:
Hi guys I'm playing around with my v3i learning about it never used it, now what I notice is this unit is noisy and on all modes. I played with all sorts of settings and then restored them to factory. The coil I have is the whites D2 coil. The only way I can stop all the buzzing is if i turn the threshold to 0 now that cant be right can it.noisy. Since I'm new with this unit can some help me out some.:sad:
Thanks
Did you gain anything with all ve been said buddy? Let us know, I will appreciate knowing what others do, cause we all I think we passed from the same thing.

Yes, we need to have you followup if you expect people to take the time to answer your future questions.

[attachment 264902 advice.jpg]

He hasn't even been on Find's to read the answers you gave him. If you click on his user name you will see that his post was his last activity on here.

Then no harm done. But the advice remains the same. Without feedback people lose interest. JMHO