Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coin Finds From Recent Hunt in Stockton, Ca.

FarmerJ

My finds; 102 pennies including 4 wheaties, 1 quarter, 4 nickels, 2 dimes including a 1938 Mercury Dime. 2 pop tops and 1 foil ball. I tried to post the pictures but I can't figure out how to make file size small enough. It's already in jpeg form.

Hi Farmer J,
Looks like a good hunt to me. Love those Merc dimes. 114 coins is a lot of bending and digging for sure. WTG! Also a really good coin to trash ratio as well. Sounds like a great place to get to know the sounds of your safari. Sometimes those 37-38 pennies will drive you crazy, but that is just the way it is.
Are you using any kind of photo manipulation program such as photoshop. When you open your photo it should give you an option to resize. I normally input 700 in one or the other dimension box. (ie 700 pixels) That size seems to work well here and at other sites you may need to post on.
If you don't have any software, try lowering the Megapixels on your camera to the smallest setting. That should allow you to post directly into the forum without having to resize the photo.
I am sure others will have programs that may be free to download. I use photoshop so I am not familiar with other programs that are available.
Good Luck and HH,
Bunker

FarmerJ said:
My finds; 102 pennies including 4 wheaties, 1 quarter, 4 nickels, 2 dimes including a 1938 Mercury Dime. 2 pop tops and 1 foil ball. I tried to post the pictures but I can't figure out how to make file size small enough. It's already in jpeg form.

:usaflag:Go to http://photobucket.com/

It's free, and it automatically resizes your photos for posting in the findmall forums. Or you can edit your photos to any size you wish. Once photobucket resizes your photo, just save the resized picture back onto your computer.

Nice thanks guys here are the pics. Camera is down, next time I will get a better shot (dime is a bit blurry).

Interesting bit of history I've read about there in Stockton. That's where R.G. LeTourneau got his start. Quite a story about a man who designed some of the biggest dirt movers in the world at the time. Also invented the off shore oil drilling platform. You'd have to Google to learn more. I'll never forget his quote. "There is no such thing as too big of jobs, only too small equipment".

Nice finds.

NebTrac