Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coin and Jewlery mode going crazy!

nemesisnow

Hi all - got my V3 today and hit a local grade school playground. The coin and jewlery program was doing the funky chicken. The coin program seemed stable. Any thoughts on this?

Cheers

Nem

True True and True - however this was happening when the coil wasnt even on the ground. The coin program didn't have any issues at all. Any thoughts?

Cheers

Nem

Every once in a while my Ace 250 goes nuts. It seems no matter where I move it it won't stop signaling something. I personally call it being "possesed".
I have to turn the machine totally off and when it comes back on reset it. I do not know if the V3 has a reset but if it does thats all I can tell you to do.

It could be EMI....some radio signal or electrical....try do freq offset.....

keep diggin,

The only difference in the settings is the accepted targets, as well as VCO is ON in Coin & Jewelry. I can't imagine this being an issue.

The only logical explanation would be EMI in the 0 to +15 OR the +26 to +50 VDI range.

You can test it by trying it in each single frequency mode. You can try 2.5 KHz which may eliminate the EMI a bit since the interference seems to be from 0 to +15 or +26 to +50

Hold the loop in the air and pull the trigger so you can see the bars. If they're wiggling a lot, you are in a high EMI area. While you have the trigger pulled, adjust the frequency offset until you find the quietest channel.

nemesisnow said:
True True and True - however this was happening when the coil wasnt even on the ground. The coin program didn't have any issues at all. Any thoughts?

Cheers

Nem

can keep in in Coin's mode and simply accept all the VDI numbers that are rejected in Coin's mode. If it gets noisy, then that narrows down something to be concerned about to being associated with certain VDI range acceptance.

If it stays quiet, then there's obviously something else to address.

Monte