Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coin an jewlery mode MXT

daydreamer

Have a question .In the coin an jewlery mode wear on the VDI scale do you find most of your rings and chains.I have found 3 rings in the past 3 months, 2 silver 9.25 and 1 gold 14kt.but i dig almost everything.lol tons of pull tabs.Is ther a set VDI # that produce more jewlwry than tabs.Love my mxt.

Since no one else has answered your question I'll throw in my humble opinion.
Is there a set VDI # that produces more jewelry than tabs? The quick answer is no. Not with any consistency. Pull tabs come in many sizes and shapes. As does jewelry. Throw in depth of target, ground mineralization, and the possibility of nearby trash targets and both jewelry and pull tabs can fall into a fairly wide range of vdi numbers.
I THINK that by trying to zero in on one or two VDI numbers you would be missing some good jewelry.
But I too am interested in hearing from more experinced hunters and what they think about this topic.

Thank you for your reply.I have noticed that ther is a lot of variaton in the VDI #S ON PULL TABS.so it is the same with jewlery.both seam to have the same conductivity,Just thought maybe ther was a set pattern that one could help to identify which was whitch.Well if pull tabs were worth anything we would all be rich.LOL

With all of the different alloy contents in gold jewelery the VDI can be all over the scale. A small 10 kt ring is going to read much different that a medium 14 kt ring. A large mans ring will also be much higher on the VDI scale. If jewelery hunting, a lot of pull tabs will have to be dug to get the gold.

A good test would be to grab your wife's jewelery box and do some tests on her small to large gold pieces.

Chuck

Gold chains are even harder to ID. I checked an expensive earing from my wife's box X-mas present, M6 could barely pick it up with stock coil, more stones than gold I guess. It did better with the 8" excel coil. Broken signal did even lock. Would not have dug it in the field. VDI under 10. Thin gold bands can read even in low negative numbers. You wil have to dig a lot of tiny foil etc. Good luck. Smaller coils and big foot square coil might help. Good luck. HH