Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

COILTEK PROBE

Travis

There is an auction on .....welll, you know where, that has a Coilteck probe for sale. I am getting ready to order a Sunray X-1 probe when I came across this Coiltec probe. It looks very similar and has the switch too. He said it was used on his Excaliber, but would hookup to most. Is there a difference between the two besides the price, this one is posted MUCH cheaper.
Thanks for reading.
Travis

As far as I know, it won't work on an Explorer if that's what you're asking ? Others can correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think it's meant for the Explorer.
Mike

Mike' right ! I never heard of a "coiltek" probe for the Explorer.
I have seen them for minelabs GP series of detectors. And I have never seen one for an EXcailbur ! Be careful what you buy with respect to Metal detecting equipment on that "auction web site" alot of scam's going on. I would suggest checking their positive/negative ratings and also check to see the other Items they are also selling related to metal detecting. Or to just play it safe, Buy a Sunray Explorer probe from SUNRAY or Check the classifieds here at Find's Forums. Even then, when you get ready to buy, just post a message asking for references related to the seller. Most of the guy's here are good persons to deal with. But every now and then a snake slip's through the crack.
Good Luck and Happy Hunting!!
Rusty,Chicago:thumbup:

Thanks guys, I did'nt think it would work, but I knew I could get help here. Besides, if the Sunray is $210 and the other is listing that cheap, you get what you pay for. Bout ready to make the plunge (wife put me on a spending "freeze" till after my B-Day LOL), anyone wanna sell me THIER X-1!?! LOL These are HARD to find used. Guess that means noone wants to give thiers up. Thats says alot.
:usan:
Travis

The X-1 or any probe that Ralph put's out is a hard act to follow and they are built to last too.
Money WELL spent IMO.
I know the guys from either of the Dixie Dealerships ( David or Ron ) usually have them in stock and ready to ship.
H.H.
Mike