Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coiltek Platypus Vs stock or any other Coil????

Hello. Hoping that I can get some feedback about the coiltek platypus coil. If anybody has some good information or better yet some personal time with the platypus, I would greatly appreciate the input. I have read the report from Andy Sabisch, and do respect his opinions. I would like to hear from some of the other detectorists out there that may have an opinion on what is the best replacement ten inch or so coil for the EX 11.

Thanks, ben

Once the tape wares out on the coil cover you have to ZIP TIE the coil cover to the coil as it will fall off if you don't .The coil cover is to big for the coil. :thumbdown: Later Jerry aka Tinfoil

I don't have the Platypus but the stock coil is hard to beat for general hunting. There was some intial interest in the Platypus when it first came out but I don't see much written about it anymore. I defer to Tinfoil who has used a bunch of coils for the Explorer.

Hello Ben, I am using the Platypus on the Quattro and must say I like it. It is very sensitive and has good depth. I like it better than the stock coil myself. I know this is the Explorer classroom but wanted to respond to your question Ben. Take care and God Bless.

John Tomlinson,CET:minelab::coiltec::minelab::coiltec:
John's Detectors