Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:coiltec: Sovereign Xs-2a with Wot coil and gold hunting ?

Minermangold

What do you think of sovereign as a gold hunting detector ? I am using Wot coil for my beach hunting and know that Coiltech makes great minelab gold hunting coils.
I think BBS technology would be a good choice for multi freq. Detecting like Eureka gold. And it's auto tracking for ground elimination.

Hi,

You can find gold with any detector if the gold is large enough and shallow enough.

The Sov will not hit gold as well as a detector designed for prospecting. That does not mean you can't find gold with it, but if you are going to places where there has been or is lots of detecting going on, most everyone is using better detectors than you. You are going to have to work harder.

My advice to people is simple. Research the area you intend to hunt. Find out what detector is having the most success. Then get one. In my immediate area the machine of choice is the Fisher Gold Bug 2 and White's Goldmasters. In lots of other places Minelab PI units rule. It just depends on the nature of the gold (big or small), the ground conditions, type of hot rocks, and amount of trash as to what might work best.

Steve Herschbach

Steve is correct. If you want to have the best chance to find natural nuggets get a dedicated gold detector.