Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coils

petew

I have a 6x8 sef,really don't use small coils but figured I should keep it just in case.
I like the stock pro coil on the etrac,I was looking at nel tornado,ultimate,and 10x12 sef,but I really don't think I'd be gaining that much over the stock pro coil.Am I wrong?

I'm fooling around right now with a detech ultimate. From what I have read it seems a good many users find the ultimate to be the best thing since sliced bread, with a few users finding it to be about the same as the stock coil. So far I haven't saw much improvement over the stock coil, myself, but I have only used it in trashy parks and residential yards. I need to take it to some cleaner ground to get a better feel for it.

I really like this Machine,its like a Cadillac.I Just read about 3 to one reviews saying its hard to eat the pro coil,a d I can see why.

The Stock Pro coil handled Iron better for me. I believe the U-13 Benefits over the Pro coil are at Depth!
Deep coins were more Noticable. Stronger signal if you will...Find a test garden and compare them and see
what your results may be for your area...

The procoil is indeed very good but I prefer the shape of an elliptical. My go to coil for fairly clean larger areas , where I would normally use the procoil , has become the NEL Hunter. I think it separates better than the stock and in my mineralized ground it goes just as deep. I don't think you can beat it for the bucks and it's only slightly heavier than the stock.

KEEP the 6X8 SEF coil !!!! This is a great medium size coil for hunting in trashy parks and in TTF and it also performs with great separation and signal . Now, If you are looking for another size coil (as you stated) that will have great depth as well as strengths in separation and signal...... Go with the 13 inch Ultimate coil , it's a keeper !!! Happy hunting.