Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coils

boxtopp

How about some opinions about 8 Inch EXcelerator "DD" Searchcoil & the 5 inch? With the mxt.
The stock coil, just doesn't do it for me. I use the 9x6 DD 95% of the time.

I prefer the 8" excelerator, it stays on my machine. It hits harder on coins IMHO. Better balance too. I use the 5" exel. also. Nice little coil. I rarely use the stock coil. I feel i find more coins @ weird angles. Hope this helps.

I ordered a 8 inch ELiminator the day they came in from customs-------Mon I did some testing-against my WHITES 14 inch--burried a quarter at 8 inches I had a better signal from the 8 in. than the 14------Maybe I have a hot EX. I dont know----BUT when I tried my 4 in Double D coil (WHITES) it would pick up that 8 in Quarter no problem---You just NEVER KNOW about coils----------GO AHEAD on the 8 In. Its worth every penny--------Its also a SMOOTH coil as I can run my MXT WIDE OPEN with it

"standard size" coil for the MXT. By far better than the stock 950, or the 6x9/6x10 whatever White's DD.

My favorite White's coil for the MXT is the 5.3 Eclipse, but for a little better coverage and ground handling, the 8" DD is wonderful.

If you want a smaller coil to compliment the 8" (or the stock 950), the 5" DD EXcelerator is also tough to beat.

Monte

Hi Mone,

Have you had a chance to put the 10" Excel thru its paces on the MXT? I'm curious how it performs for open park hunting in moderate trash or even some field work. I want to get another White's but can't decide between the MXT and Pro XL LOL
I'm leaning toward the Pro XL as I'm already satisfied with what I have for my trashier and iron ridden sites.

Thanks and HH Tom

both the 5" and 8" Excellerator coils give both better depth (about 1.25") and better (wider)coverage at depth than the 4x6 and 6x10 DD coils from Whites. I haven't had the chance to compare the 10"Excellerator to the stock 9.5" coil. So right now I have the 5 and 8" Excellerator coils and the stock 9.5" coil. Hope this helps. Happy Huntin'. Phil.

With a coil cover it weighs the same as the sock 950 w/coil cover.

I like the 'feel' and balance of it better due to the rod mounting position. It can do fine in 'open park hunting' but I tend to prefer the 8" EXcelerator DD due to the solid bottom. The 8" weighs about 1 oz. more, but that isn't noticed. If I want to hunt an open, plowed fields, however, I prefer the 10" EXcelerator to the stock 950. The 12" gets a little better coverage, as you would figure, but the 10" is just about an ideal mix between site coverage and small target responsiveness of all those open DD designs.

Your concluding comment, however, does make for some head-scratching decisions. The MXT can do well when working open fields or larger, open grassy sites. If you have some accessory coils for it the MXT is definitely a dandy multi-purpose unit with very good performance. I can enjoy the slow-motion operation in heavily trashed sites, or use it with one of the bigger DD's to cover an open field.

BUT, like you, I have a detector I prefer to use most of the time for woodchip and sand-filled play sites, or in close around homesteads, or to scour the iron-infested ghost towns and renovation work. That's my excellent IDX Pro with either a 6

I would think its because there is only pennies difference in material for those around the 8 in. size--But only the sellers knows why---I never even thought about that much--If it works good it would not make much difference in sales if it went by size of the loop---You could ask Kellyco if thats the brand you are talking about

That are going to have to keep our eyes for an XL Pro!

Thanks for your input Monte!

HG (Happy Ghosttowning)
Tom

I use the stock coil and the 5.5" Whites Eclipse. I use the Eclipse most of the time. I have been holding off buying the 8" Excelerator until is see what Sun Ray is going to come out with. But, it sure is taking them a long time. What's up with that?

n/t

<B><center> D I V </center></B>

Word is the ML Advantage works well in that neck of the woods too!

n/t