Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

coils

bonnie

Hi everyone i have a minelab explorer2 and was wanting too know what coils are good to get for it im still using the one that came with it.thankyou for any help you can give me :wave:

There is nothing wrong with the original coil, it depends on what kind of an area you are hunting in. I also have a 5 inch that I use if I am in a very trashy site and a 15 inch WOT that I use in open fields and at the beach. I have been hearing a lot of good things about the new SEF coils but I do not own one. HH

Forget the WOT, get a Minelab Pro coil - as good as any I've tried and well balanced too! A much better coil IMHO. If you really want a big coil try a 12 x 15 SEF.

You definitely cant go wrong with a SEF Coils from Kellyco, or the Minelab Pro Coil!!
Both are winners :thumbup:... The Pro Coil is a 11 inch coil... It seems you can really crank up the sensitivity with it.. And it's super light. The Sef's come in 8x6, 10x12, 12x15, and 15x18....I have both the 10x12 and the 12x15.. They have a little more weight... But i find they Separate AWESOME for me!!! I hope others give you there opinions as well... Good luck with what ever you choose!! Like i said you cant go wrong with any of them!! Happy Hunting :beers:
Derrell

Depending on what type of detecting you do, I would recommend a smaller coil as your first addition. You will be surprised how many more good signals you get out of a trashy area with a smaller coil. My favorite is the Sun Ray Stealth-8 (8 inch coil). It is very lightweight, punches down deep and very durable. The Minelab 8" is a tiny bit smaller and quite a bit heavier than the SR 8". I have no experience with the SEF coils everyone is using, but the 6"x8" might be a the ticket - for me the light weight of the Sun Ray is a major factor.

I started by saying "depending on the type of detecting you do" - by that I mean, if you hunt coins in trashy areas - go with a smaller coil addition. If you only hunt on the beach in fairly trash free ground, go with a larger coil for more coverage and depth. ML Pro 11" coil is good but not a lot of depth difference from the standard coil. It is lighter and better balanced.

I have had many coils, the Stealth-8 is a keeper. Had mine for 8-9 years.

Hope this helps. HH - BF