Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

coil washer/gasket help!

rebelLT

I lost one of the rubber washer or gasket things on the coil ears and now I have a floppy coil!:cry: Does anyone know where I can order one? or perhaps a box of ten or so? I lost the washer changing coils in the middle of a 40 acre corn field so I wont be finding it.

Any Minelab dealer should have these in stock so check with your dealer and if you cant find any give me a PM as I have some extra new ones I can part with.

Rick

A good solution is to also order another lower rod so you can attach a second coil. They swap out much faster and i believe they come with the fittings. Sure cuts down on time and its not that expensive for the convenience.

Dew

Should be able to find something at any auto parts store.
I even happen to think that you can get packages of washers for the seal in Garden hoses.might be close.

I got extra washers and nylon bolt dirtectly from Minelab. But for a quick improvised fix, cut your own washers from an old car tire inner tube. They are thinner so you may need to double up, but they will work. I have a Platypus coil that with the lower shaft I was using, the factory washers were WAY too tight. I used inner tube "washers" and they allowed for a better fit......Sometimes you have to use what's available...(my extra Minelab washers were in my goodies and parts tackle box that was stolen out of my truck while huunting a park)

If you don't mind a used one...I have 3 extras...and will mail you one free...unless you need a new one.