Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coil Replacement

tjhoosier

Just wanted to share this with everyone. The connection ears on my 7.5 k coil broke and I contacted Minelab about replacement or repair. Jeff Otero was quick to respond via email that my 505 was still under warranty and that the coil would be replaced for me. I boxed it up and sent it via USPS per his instructions. I got a call from Lon that they had received it and had a replacement coil in no time. All of this took place in the time span of a week. I believe that is great customer service. Wanted to thank those guys for taking care of my issue and letting everyone else know how good the service was. I know from personal experience how often we hear the complaints, but so infrequently do we hear any praise. Thanks Minelab for prompt and efficient customer service!

tjhoosier
Minelab Xterra 505

That is great, exceptional service. You should write a letter to his manager informing them that Jeff Otero took excellent care of you because it is managers that receive complaints about how horrible the customer was treated, I know when I was a manager in retail that maybe once every two years I would received notice that one of my employees took great care of someone because like you said we only hear from the complainers.
HH, Todd

That is a common problem I think, my connection ears on my 7.5 kHz coil ALSO broke.

I tried to fix it with glue and extra plastic. My machine is now out of warranty.

Since I tried to repair it myself and it is out of warranty. I wonder if Minelab will replace my coil.??

I may now contact them next week and ask.

But you never know unless you ask!