Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coil recommendation needed for Legend

Jed in NC

I noticed while updating my Legend that the strain relief on the coil cable was cracked where it attaches to the control box. I have contacted Nokta and am awaiting their reply. I'm thinking of picking up an additional coil to use while this one is being repaired or replaced. I'm primarily a beach hunter. Current coil is the LG30. Thinking about an LG35. Control box and strain relief has never been under water. Any feedback/recommendation is appreciated.

Coil Strain Relief Legend.JPG

Last edited:
The LG 35 is an excellent coil. If you shorten the shaft about an inch it feels the same as the LG 28.

I'm almost set on the LG35 but now wondering if the LG24 might be a better choice for using in the water. Less resistance. It might be a better choice for non-beach/general purpose hunting.

I'm almost set on the LG35 but now wondering if the LG24 might be a better choice for using in the water. Less resistance. It might be a better choice for non-beach/general purpose hunting.
Not a water hunter but I do like the Lg24. Use it pretty much all of the time. In the dirt It will hit a 8 or 9 inch dime with little or no problem. Mark

I started with the Pro pack and have accumulated all the coils. The 35(13") would be my choice for beach hunting just for coverage but don't know how it would be in the water. The 12 x 9 is my go to for urban park hunting , I think that is the 30 , I prefer it to the standard 12 coil

I have a lg24 listed in the classified. One member said he wants it but I haven’t received payment. So it may be available.