Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coil Question

candycane

Are there DD Coils made for the X series,1270 I have.

No longer made, there rare, tried to get one for my 1270. You have to search the net, ever once in a while you find them on E-Bay. PM Mr.Bill on this sit he just sold one he might have another one or know where there is one. don't know how much more depth you can get over the 10.5 coil.

I don't think there is a double DD coil for the 1200x series (I don't think???) I have the 5"x10" for mine but its not a double DD coil that I'm aware of, I got mine off fleaBay for $31.00 (including shipping). I believe the coil Mr.Bill just got rid of is the 5"x10" elliptical, but just because its elliptical doesn't mean its a double DD.

Mark

interesting.i bought one of these last year assuming it is a DD coil..haven't used it much..how would a guy figure out what coil he has? hot spot on the coil is center...

foxhunter said:
interesting.i bought one of these last year assuming it is a DD coil..haven't used it much..how would a guy figure out what coil he has? hot spot on the coil is center...
The electronics of the 1200x isn't DD friendly, in other words they didn't make a DD coil for it. The use of the DD coils came along later in detecting history than the 1200x's.

Now, that being said! (This is my understanding of the DD coil's)
The idea of them goes WAY back, maybe into the 1980's but they couldn't make them work very well due to the older electronics of the day, so they just put the Double D concept on the top shelf for a later date. Well, that happened in resent times with the more modern electroincs.

So, I'm at lest 85% certain that the 5"x10" elliptical 1200 series coil isn't a DD coil, its just an elliptical! Another thing I noticed about the 5"x10" coil is Fisher made an early model Gold Bug that uses a 5"x10" coil as the Stock coil for it, in fact it looks just like the 1200 series except for the decal, the decla on one is much smaller than the other. Now the Gold Bug detector runs at a much higher frequency so the I don't see the coils interchanging with each other. But if your looking at buying a 5"x10" for the 1200 then I would say be careful you could end up with the Gold Bug coil!

Mark

Mark

MarkCZ said:
foxhunter said:
The electronics of the 1200x isn't DD friendly, in other words they didn't make a DD coil for it. The use of the DD coils came along later in detecting history than the 1200x's.

Now, that being said! (This is my understanding of the DD coil's)
The idea of them goes WAY back, maybe into the 1980's but they couldn't make them work very well due to the older electronics of the day, so they just put the Double D concept on the top shelf for a later date. Well, that happened in resent times with the more modern electroincs.

So, I'm at lest 85% certain that the 5"x10" elliptical 1200 series coil isn't a DD coil, its just an elliptical! Another thing I noticed about the 5"x10" coil is Fisher made an early model Gold Bug that uses a 5"x10" coil as the Stock coil for it, in fact it looks just like the 1200 series except for the decal, the decla on one is much smaller than the other. Now the Gold Bug detector runs at a much higher frequency so the I don't see the coils interchanging with each other. But if your looking at buying a 5"x10" for the 1200 then I would say be careful you could end up with the Gold Bug coil!

Mark

Mark

thanks for the info..