Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coil question for explorer xs?

flylaps

I have been using an Explorer XS with the stock coil and am looking to get a smaller coil to go with it.
Any advice? Was looking at maybe the 8" slimline or should I go to a 6" coil.
I know the smaller the coil for trashier areas, but don't want to loose too much depth either.

Thanks,
Matt

I use the Sunray 8" coil most of the time on my XS.It gets good depth,it's much better in the trashy areas I hunt in and it's a lot lighter than the stock coil.HH

I have a Xcellerator 5" coil and love it. I've dug pennies at 6" and quarters at 9". The only complaint I have is that the depth guage doesn't read accurately with this coil. If the meter says 6", I usually find the target at 3".

I have the 5" Ex. coil and it does really well in very trashy areas.
I have heard good reports on the 6" Ex coil and would like to try it out.....then they just released a 6X8:stars:.

I have the 8" as well as the 6" Excellerator, both are excellent as is the Sunray 5.5. Any of these are good choices and will serve you well, same for the Sunray 8" coil.

If you have the bread you might want to look at the 8x6 SEF coil as well it's a bit more $$$ but worth it if you can swing it. Bottom line is all of these coils are good and will do the job for you.

What is the factory coil on an XS, i just picked one up this weekend and it has an FBS 1050 coil, is that the factory one that came on it.