Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coil Question :confused:Which is better on the MXT

BillyBr

Has any one used both coils and is there any difference in the Performance, Excelerator 4.5x7 or the Whites 4x6.

I'm new to MTX but I also have a minelab with 10" and 5" coils. As with the minelab, the MTX 950 doeen't get around trees like a smaller coil and the going is tough in trashy areas. I just got the 4X6 DD. Detecting is more precise. I detected around a large tree in the parking lot of the University of Ct. West hartford campus. I searched that area last year and found nothing. Last night, I dug up a 1000 Dong Vietnamese coin the 10" minelab coil missed. Sometimes smaller is batter.

I have a 4x6 coming, if I can get that kind of depth I'll be :detecting:
Happy!!
Thanks for the reply

I have both. I personally feel that I get more depth with the 5x7.

According to the MXT Book the " MXT Edge " The 5.3 has better Depth in Normal Soil than the Whites 4x6 DD coil, The 4x6 Is Better in Trashy areas because of its narrow Footprint and it handles mineralized soil better.

Hi, Good question which is best? I think both are good coils and I have both. I started out with the 4x6 and liked it, but I did not like the small size. I always felt like I was pointing a stick at the ground and that I was missing a lot of targets, because of its size. I had to go real slow in order to cover the ground. I wanted a coil that had a bigger footprint so I got the Excelerator 4.5x7 DD coil. I liked it right off the bat and I got the ground coverage I wanted and I could move faster. I think both coils are comparable, but I personally feel that the 4.5x7 has the edge over the 4x6. Better ground coverage and maybe a little more depth. My wife was using the 4x6 and she tried my 4.5x7 and liked it and got one for her detector. My wife still uses her 4.5x7, but I have since gone to the Excelerator 6" DD coil. HH Dennis in Idaho

Thanks BillyBr:

I sent away for the 5.3 today. Should have it by the end of the week. I'm retireing the ace250 to use the MXT full time. With any luck I can recoup my money on Ebay for the Ace250 and the sniper coil I bought to go along with it.

BTW, how do you handle digging in dirt that has all this gravel added?
I was at a very small park for a couple of hours today ( it used to be the site of an old,old,school house )but could not get far into the ground becaue of all the rock that was added when the city landscaped the area for present day use.

Regards
Robert R