Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coil problem no problem and some finds. (Kinda long)

CliffHanger

I had the Ace 250 for three weeks when the Sniper coil went on the blink. When I hit the ON button the Target ID Cursor started jumping back and forth quickly and nothing I tried, including changing batteries would stop it. I changed to the stock coil and then the 9x12 and they both worked perfectly.
I called the company I ordered the 250 from and they said since it had been three weeks that I had the machine to call Garrett's.
When I called I assume it was a secretary that answered. She asked if I wanted to wait because the person I needed to speak with was on another line. I said "Yes, I'll wait" to her and "ugh oh" to myself. I hate being put on hold ('rot' as I call it) but every minute or so for the next couple of minutes that lady would come back and ask if I was still there and assured me that I was not forgotten and it would not be much longer to wait. I appreciated that and told her so. There are not too many things good manners take a back seat to. When I explained the problem to the other lady at Garrett (wish I remembered her name) She said "Send the coil to us along with the serial # of the 250 and we will send you a new coil." I asked "Do I have to send the detector itself too"? She said "No, we don't need the detector if the other two coils work." I said Whew, that's a relief! I still have the other two coils I can use." I felt a little childish after sputtering that out with such enthusiasm. She laughed and said "I hear the same thing every day. It's hard on some people when they can't detect for a few days." She doesn't know the half of it!
I sent the coil USPS Priority on a Tuesday and the next Tuesday a UPS truck pulled up with the new Spider coil (it works perfectly I might add).
I wish all my dealings with people went as smoothly and pleasantly as this.
The photos below are some of my better finds in the first month (30 days) with the Ace 250. The last week without the Sniper coil. I found many $$ in clad too and of course my share of junk.
All the best
Cliffhanger
The ring and the chain it's on are both 24k. Found with 9x12 coil.
The ring on the left is 14k with a diamond. Found with Sniper coil.
Center ring is .925. Don't know what the stone is. Found with stock coil.
Ring on right is 14k with a dark blue stone. Found with stock coil.
[attachment 55884 4RingampChain.JPG]
The tie clasp and medallion to the right of the ring are gold plated.
[attachment 55882 TieClaspampMis.JPG]
A Minnie ball, a musket ball and buttons.
[attachment 55885 MiniBallampButtons.JPG]
Assorted tokens, a bent quarter, a Sacajawea dollar and a 1978 Canadian dime.
[attachment 55886 TokensampSac.JPG]
[attachment 55889 YellowLoader.JPG]
The oval medallion to the right of the keys has an angel on it with the words Gardian Angel.

You sure did well. Lots of high end finds for the first 30 days. And the customer service @ Garrett is FANTASTIC!

<center>