Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coil ? for the Explorer SE

CDF(Fla)

I was considering on purchasing the 15"WOT coil for my SE to use
on the beach. Is it worth it? Would this coil give me much more
advantage over the stock 10"coil in depth;if so what(%)percent?
Probably a stupid ? but,I just don't want to waste my dough if you
know what I mean! I have not heard much praise about them on this
forum. Any reply would be helpful. Thank you!

Hello CD, I think the WOT is more for covering more real estate. I'm sure it will give you some extra depth but not sure just how much. I like the smaller coils and the SunRay coils are good. Coiltek is also a fine coil maker and it just depends on the type of hunting you will do and the ground type and condition. You might want to try out the SunRay 5.5 or the 8 inch coil. I have also been using the Coiltek Platypus on my Quattro and I can tell it is sensitive and can go deep. Ok CD I hope I have helped you somewhat. God Bless and happy hunting!

John Tomlinson,CET:minelab::csflag::minelab::csflag::minelab::csflag:
John's Detectors

The WOT is a good beach coil for coverage and depth but I'm not so sure it's any deeper than a 12" or up depending on the BEACH it's being used at.
On a neutral beach like Pensacola, Fl. the larger the better. I've dug quarters at 20" with the WOT, but it's heavy and hard to deal with for any length of time.
If it's a black sanded-in beach with high mineralisation then you have to be concerned about masking problems ... that goes hand in hand with such a large footprint of the the coil taking in so much ground at once.
So ... to answer your question, if the beaches you like to hunt are fairly neutral then the WOT or any proven BIG coil will get some extra depth and coverage.
Otherwise stick with the stock coil and turn that baby UP on the sens and get ready to dig some deep targets :)

Good Hunting
Mike

Thank you guys for your input! I'm so thankful for this forum.
IT is very informative.
I hope I can get some pictures posted of my recent finds from
my beach hunts soon.