Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

coil for small items

sling

so i need a dd coil for small targets for the vaquero and here is 3 choice:
10" elliptical
8.5 DD
575 DD

The 575 probably pick up small stuffes but isnt really deep and covers very small ground so in open fields it takes forever.

But the 575 129$ and the 8.5 dd is 119$.
is that because the 575 has new technology???

Stock coil gives the best of both worlds, depth to size. 10" will go deeper, but miss some smaller stuff. 5.75" will get the smaller stuff, but not as deep. The DD coils will require a slower sweep speed to get the small stuff over the concentric.

I compared my 5.75 coil to my 8 x 9" stock coil detecting a very very thin gold colored (not real gold) 5" long chain. Placed the chain on a cardboard box and supertuned the Vaquero. Both coils detected it at 4" max. I really thought the smaller coil was going to beat the larger coil, but it didn't.

ok but how much ground can you cover with this 575concentric in 1 swing?
4" ???
I belive its the best for tiny items but how long does it take to swing on the site you wanna check?

and have the best of both worlds, all 3 coils will find the same small coins that you are looking for.
The 9x8 will be the best to use if you are searching a large field with only a small amount of trash in it.
The 5.75 will be the best to use if you want to search a field with a lot of trash in it.
And the 10X5 will cover a bit more ground than the 5.75 and get you closer to coins in the trash than what the 8x9 will.

yes!but i dont know how much ground does it cover?its DD coil but i might have to overlap a bit either!
Right?