Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coil connection to the control box.............

Steve Adams

Has anyone had any issues with the coil cable connection to the control box? I just noticed this past weekend after not getting any reading for about 15 minutes I had a problem with the connection. Its seems on my unit when the cable is tightened to the point where you think it should be, the machine will give no readings. I can wiggle the cable at the connection and it works as it should sometimes. I eventually had to loosen the cable connection to where the cable was just sticking in the control box with out tightening it just to get the machine to work. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

no! no problems at all.

push it in a little deeper, then further tighten the lock ring, (using your fingers).

Sometimes the connector doesn't go in all the way, and when you screw down the lock nut it gets tight, and feels like it's gone all the way down. This is what i mean by push it in a little deeper after the first tightening.

Try it out and see if that's your problem. They are no known issues going on with that.

I was wondering if the metal pieces in the plug have become widened, and the male prongs on the box are not making contact all the time. Just a thought!!!

I just bought a F75 Saturday and it has the same problem. I am sending it back to Fisher to fix. Felix is very personable on the phone. I am going to get it upgraded as well since this was one of the pre 08 models. Cant wait to get it back and give it a real try.

Received the detector back Friday. The coil was defective and they supplied another. Works great now :clapping: