Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

coffee table

bonnie

Hi everyone..would anyone know where i could get plans to build a coffee table i want this to have a glass top to show my finds off.. when i get some finds haha..thanks for any help you can give..:wave:

Bonnie--
I've had the same thought. There are some bigger types of printers drawers out there. I've thought about making a coffee table display out of one of these. Some legs, some glass and presto.

I was at a crafts store looking for a display case. They had these cases called shadow boxes, kind of like a real deep display case made with some nice wood. With some legs, these would make a cool end table or small coffee table. Making one yourself would make it unique, though. I would think if you Googled "glass top coffee table plans" you would find something. Ron

I've also seen the shadow boxes at the hobby stores, and wondered if it'd be possible to create a frame on legs that the shadow box could rest inside. That way you could swap the boxes out for vaiety or for special events etc... I'll try and draw up a pic to show you what I mean.

And like I said, you could have several boxes the same size that you could swap out whenever you wanted without disturbing your display.

Hi All
I made this a couple of years ago from an exsisting pine coffee table and an antique printers drawer.I had the glass top custom cut.I put all of my decent finds in to display.It`s a great conversation piece everytime folks come over.The pics are`nt great but you can get the idea.
Cheers
Marc:biggrin:

n/t