Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

"CODZILLA" Ferry ride.. Finale

Ron J

This "go-fast" as the Coast Guard calls them,carries quite a few passengers,to give them a thrill ride! She cruises at 40 mph. We did not have time to take a ride today,but i am planning on it,in the near future. Forty is fast,for that size,so if you haven't done it before,it would be a real thrill in the water.Codzilla was getting ready for a "ride",as we were leaving.Notice 4 or 5 Monks sitting up frt,with orange tunics? Guess they like a thrill,like anyone else!I heard a shipmate,warning everyone onboard her,"if your concerned with a bad hair day,or scared to get wet,this is your last chance to get off!" [attachment 66124 ferryride027.jpg][attachment 66126 ferryride029.jpg][attachment 66128 ferryride046.jpg][attachment 66129 ferryride052.jpg][attachment 66130 ferryride055.jpg] My brother Paul,had a 23' with a 454 big block,that would cruise at 50 or more all day.When he booted it,we could do 60+.No one wanted to go with him!:D His friends nicknamed it,"the Widowmaker":D Gotta tell ya,i trusted my brother,with his boating experience,but i didn't let him know it,i was scared $heetless in that thing.

When "GODZILLA" reaches 40 mph, folks will think that they are on a rocket boat. I had a fishing Jon boat once that would do almost 20 mph and believe me that was fast! Unfortunately, a cousin borrowed it and hit a stump in the water on the river up at Hunt, Texas...no more boat. It was made from aluminum and the repairs were more than we could afford at that time.

I have really enjoyed the story and pictures...I am especially curious about the island park and what type of park it will be. Thanks for posting and please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

n/t

Would be a neat thing to do. I took my FCC commercial exams in the Customhouse and Deb and I have eaten near Fanuil Hall many times. Thanks for the ride!

Dave

I hope those seven dollar burgers came with the condiments.:lol: Great trip Ron and awesome pics !!!:thumbup:

as usual, and looks like the kids had a good time too! I love riding ferries, that is one of the high points when I visit Mikie and Alice. I know it gets old to the people to live there, but I have met some very interesting people while riding it! Thanks for sharing these and sorry it took me so long to get to them! :)

but he keeps it in Miami and runs to the Bahamas once a month or so. Hell I could not afford to fly down there once a month.

That monster had three 750hp inboards in it and it was suppose to do 96mph. He had it built in St Lewis Mo. It is one of those off shore boats. I think they are called a cigar boat or cigarette boat. You would know more about it than I.

I can not imagine what it would cost to fuel that sucker!

This guy dives in Tihiti and lives the good life. HE WORKS THE DANG LINE!
He showed me a picture of the boat when it was being built and after it was in the water and it was really something.

I asked guys that knew him well if he was a BS's and they just shook their heads and said it was all the truth. I asked where the money came from and all they said is that he and his wife have done well. I know they live in Bloomfield Hills, which is the most expensive property in Michingan.

I can not imagine what a thrill it would be to move that dang fast on the water. He said it cruises at 65mph.