Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Climbing Devils Tower- Repost

Royal

Wayner posted that I ought to repost this adventure. I think I have posted it a couple times before but maybe there is some people that have not read it. So here goes. I have to see if I can find the pic's first

[attachment 32735 memurpf.JPG]

This is Pat Murphy and I at the tip. The pipe with the log is under the rocks at my feet

Climbing Devils Tower

The trip out to the Tower was exhausting, as well as interesting. My two companions, Pat and Fred, were great company, except for the fact that both loved opera. I will get into that in a bit.
We made the trip in Pat

There is no way that I would even consider climbing something like that. As you found out, you must be in good condition, and even then it will wear you out. I remember when you originally posted this story and how it fascinated me...still does. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

n/t

anybody of reasonable shape can do it if the get a little training and get in shape. It is just one foot at a time and over time, you top out.

It was an awsome adventure.

I assure you that the average person would have no desire to climb that thing...not an easy task to do for most folks...takes some guts to do. Those photos are great, but it is a little different when you are actually there on location. Again, thanks for sharing this interesting story. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

And no doubt an awesome adventure. I don't have the jam to do that. Just saying I have a bud that did it is good enough for me.:biggrin: That's one great story ! One of my favorites !

I climbed quite a few western mountains, Royal, just to see what the view was like from up there......but they had walking trails.....none of that vertical rock climbing for me. I can just imagine the sense of accomplishment and the view once you topped out though. I had a friend I climbed with who was half goat and half amateur radio operator, walked the same speed going up mountain as he did flat ground and down-mountain. It almost killed the rest of us trying to stay up with him. His amateur radio club had a contest to see how far away they could make radio contact. This nut had hauled and placed cheap lawn chairs on top of most of the higher peaks around Prescott, AZ. Once we peaked out he would relax in his lawn chair, crank up his radio and log in some really long distance contacts. No one else could compete with that type of competition. I guess evbody got they own thang going.

then, I bet! You have some great photos to go with all your travels, and that's a gift in itself, so you can share them with people like us.

Everyone always gets so mad at me because I am forever taking photos. Someday, maybe they will appreciate them!

Thanks for the repost of one of your most excellent adventures! :)

I just do not remember reading this........it was probably off the pages when I found this place to re-live and share expierences we have had in life.

NOW-----this had me sweating blue sweat, just seeing the pictures and having to stop every so often,back up and re-read some of the finer points----U went to great detail to make me feel like I was hanging on a rope of life, digging in with finger nails.

The pics with a story like this are worth a million memories, for pictures tell a story in it self.......but 55 ? REALLY?

where was the beer gut or did you develop the furniture disease later on?:wiggle:

gonnah read this again some night late.....:razz:

n/t

n/t

n/t