Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Cleanup One Goof & I'm Done-THANK YOU MAX!!!

purdygold

I really liked your idea Max so I put it to work on my Excal. When de-masking a first tried to whittle off the flash with my pocket knife and popped a chunk out that I have to repair tomorrow. For those using a putty knife and masking tape file or rout off excess as finish is brittle after two days of curing and you could end up doing something stupid like me.
I'm really pleased with result after two coats and sanding out ridges. Thanks much Max for your idea.
By the way, hows the finish wearing for you?

The edge of the coil housing where it meets the factory epoxy is what seperates. That's where the focus needs to be. If you don't overlap the housing edge with epoxy then it's wasted effort. Since I see the edges of the coil housing it makes me think it will still pull apart. I think you need to do more than just fill the bottom in with epoxy. If you look at Max's coil, he has epoxy ounding that edge and going half way up the sides. It's ugly but it keeps the coil housing from coming apart at the seams.

Just my thought but Max is the authority on this. Lets see what he says.

do not rub your coil, it will last along time

i am a rubber so i had to re-do mine after the season is over, so i will resand and probably do my in may or so.

seems to me it is a shell like rig and has center seam, not like our excal coils.................i would have to go out in the garage to look for sure.

B U T for anyone doing the excal coils it is a must to do the sides for this reason

Now that I'm "out of the water", and have a spot to repair anyway, I'll re-mask and apply epoxy some distance up coil sides.
I thought the coil was an integrally molded unit not pieced together as your photos seem to show. Boy, that's a questionable design! I'm really surprised it isn't cast or molded but it appears they went for a lower cost production process not durability. I checked two different White's machines I own and they and two extra coils I own all seem to be molded, not pieced together bonded units.
Thanks for the heads-up Steve & Max.:thumbup: