Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Cleansweep not working properly

grahamp

After enjoying a good summer with this searchead it has developed a fault, ie even the slightest movement results in it sounding off.

What has happened?
can it be repaired?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

hard to say what the problem might be but I would think it could be repaired. Did you buy it new?
Pap

Leave the cable a little loose. As you move a target around above or below the coil, gently wiggle or move the cable going into the coil while keeping the coil stationary. If that doesn't do anything strange then do the same on the end that plugs into the machine.

To me it sounds like a cable problem either at the coil end or the machine end.

This is strange, put the coil back on this morning and the problem seems to have gone, but it appears the depth has deteriated. I will need to check field test.

Was definately not to do with the cable as this was the first thing i checked, ie having the cable completely wrapped on the pole and holding the detector in both hands, left hand supporting the coil right hand supporting the hand grip then raising and lowering the machine very gently, even an inch of movement caused a beep< which seemed to have come from the front/tip of the coils movement.

I hope to get this sorted as i find these 18" coils are fabulous, i bought it new (ebay) 7 months ago.

Tried the cleansweep again today, chirping all over the place, a complete wast of time, in all metal the threshold is completely unstable, i would not trust this head on another outing, im very sad that i have to be without it.

I tested for cable and connector faults definately not to do with them.

Does anyone know why a search head fails all of a sudden? does tesoro offer a guarantee on its search heads? dare i buy another one????

Is the Bigfoot worthy of consideration.