Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

cleansweep coil for tigershark

wright

Anyone have a cleansweep coil for a tigershark? I called tesoro and they said they no longer make them for the tiger shark. When I asked why they said they were not popular enough at this time. I asked if they would be making them in the future and their reply was that they currently don't have the time to spend making this coil., but if they had more time and if their was more intrest in this coil they may make it in the future. I really like my bigfoot coil on my dfx and would love to have one for my tiger if anyone knows where I might find one. Am I the only one who wishes Tesoro would make this coil available for the tiger?

Tesoro makes and adapter cable so that you can plug uMax coils into your Tiger, but the connector is not water proof so you can only hunt on land with the adapter. But it allows you a whole new arsenal of coils to choose from. If you only wish to use on dry land, you might consider getting an adapter. Not many dealers stock these adapters, I dont, but we can get them in short order through distribution or from the factory.

I want to use it underwater. I use my DFX with my bigfoot coil on the dry sand and love it. Just wish I had one on the Tiger Shark. I wonder if there is a way to modify the cable connection to be waterproof? What does the Adapter look like?

I beleive you can get it in two lengths, the one I have is about a foot long. It has the waterproof connector on one end and the mating end to fit the coil connector on the other end. I suppose you could find one of those cable union waterproofing splices they used to sell back before there were water proof machines. It consisted of a clear plastic tube about 6" long, big enough to fit over the connector union, two rubber plugs with small holes thru the center (same size as cable diameter), a small tube of silicon grease and two crimp type hose clamps. You slide the tube over cable then connect the connectors. Split the plugs along one seam, slip over the cable, one on each side of the connnector, then then goop them up with silcone grease and fit everything together and clamp down with the clamps. Test it by submersing in a bucket of water and watch for leakage inside. I used to see them for sale often but with the advent of water proof machiens the need for such splice dimished. Does anybody know if these are still available somewhere?

As a Tesoro Dealer I can sell you the cable adapter but I dont have a source for the waterproof splice kit.

one on the guys in our club waterproofed a 250. this was how he sealed up the connection.

this is the stuff not assembled

[attachment 69624 coupleropen.jpg]

this is everything assembled except he put clamps on clear tubing over rubber stoppers

[attachment 69625 coupleronwithoutclamps.jpg]

hh steve

Well this is something I would be interested in for my tiger. The sweep on the stock coil is just way to small.

I got a cleansweep coil and a cable adapter. I have waterproofed it almost identically to the pictures higher up (Thanks) I was a little disappointed with the length of the cable on the coil. I hipmount the tigershark and the cs coil is designed for land machines that can not be hip mounted therefore a very short coil. Even with the added length of the adapter cable (about 1 ft) I had to turn the coil backwards and run the cable straight up the shaft without wrapping it and will still have to move the control housing from my left hip to right in front of me so I will have enough slack cable to swing the detector. I called tesoro to see if I had any other options like maybe make me a longer adapter cord or actually put the correct connection on a longer coil cable and they seemed less than interested in providing any help. To be honest I was also disappointed in the initial air tests with this coil. I wonder if it has to do with this coil being made for machines working on the 10khz while the tiger uses 12.5 khz. I really like the tigershark don't get me wrong. I thought one of the great features of this machine over other brands of water machines would be the choice of easily using different coils,but in reality there are only really 3 coils made for this machine. I guess if I try this coil and am unhappy with using it I will have to try a 10 1/2 in coil that is made for this machine. If anyone has a setup like this that they use on a tigershark I would be interested in the average depth you think you may get.