Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Clean Sweep coil

sport.pilot

Hello,

I have been thinking about getting one of the Tesoro Clean Sweep coils to use on my Shadow X2. I understand it is a 5 pin coil so it should work. I will use the Shadow to hunt mainly sports fields so this appears to be a good choice to cover the ground quickly. Has anybody used one of these? If so, with what kind of results. Pros and/or cons would be appreciated. Thanks.

Darryl

I have one for the HOT series (Cibola, Vaquero, Tejon) and like it a lot for sports fields, tot lots and dry sand at the beach.

It air tests just around 15% shy of what the standard 9x8 Tesoro coil tests at on both the Cibola and Tejon that I have. Still gets decent depth, but really covers area when you don't need to be at the detector's deepest. Not bad in trash, but it gets difficult to handle the trashy areas slightly sooner than the 9x8 coil starts to give signs that I should be using a smaller coil.

Mine brought some luck the first time I was at the beach with it on the Tejon. Got a gold ring with melt value pretty close to what the coil cost.

Cheers,
tvr

I use the

[size=large]I use mine on my Silver

I've found Andy Sabisch's reports to reasonably track what I'll experience; but not in this case ... unless the response is much more improved at the beach with the non-H.O.T series than it is with the cleansweep on the Cibola / Tejon.

Over wet salt sand, I do not see an improvement with the cleansweep when compared to the standard coil's response to the wet salt. Ground balance can not be made close enough to the salt to work well in all metal and a lot of depth is lost in discriminate. Even at full negative ground balance I still get a very positive response in the normal ground balancing routine.

Running in all metal, I can hold the detector stationary a couple of feet higher up the beach than where the waves are stopping and hear the ground water movement through the detector's reaction; clearly in sync with the wave action.

I haven't been to the Charleston beaches, but have had the Tejon with the Clean sweep and the Cibola with the 12 x 10 DD at Myrtle Beach, the Outer Banks as well as other beaches further north. The DD's did not help much.

In brackish water; like the mid to northern parts of the Chesapeake Bay, they do well over the wet sand. At full ocean salinity, my experience with them says they really don't cut it over wet salt sand.

Stick to the dry or slightly damp or brackish waters and they get the loot.
tvr