Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Classic SL problem??

coinhunter1952

I have (3) Classic SL detectors. On one of them when I pass a quarter beneath the coil it shows up on the visual screen as a dime/penny 95% of the time. But when I pass the quarter under the coils of the other two it's reads the quarter just fine. Anybody have an idea what the problem might be? Should I ship it back to White's for a check up? The detector is almost brand new and only used a few times. Thanks.

There is a trimmer inside that will re-adjust the ID to the way you want it. If you don't like pulling things apart maybee send it to White's so they can pull it apart right.

Any info on the Two trimmer pods next to each other in the DFX? I had seen them in there when I replaced the speaker under warranty with Whites ok.. Can't help but wonder if I can get this to ID a bit better.. Just a thought.. George

[size=large]did you swap the coils to see if it is caused by an out-of-spec coil? That can be the cause, and is the first thing to check.

If not, then it's just a matter of having it properly calibrated. I DO NOT suggest anyone tinker with the internal trimmers, other than the GB trimmer (under the flag) or the Threshold trimmer (VR-4), unless they know WHAT they do and HOW TO DO IT.

Many models, various brands, that's I have acquired used through the years that didn't seem to work quite right and I found the cause to be attributed to a former owner/user tinkering with the innards with nothing more than a guess and try attitude. It was no wonder some people had owned them and not been pleased with their performance. :(

Check the search coils first and see if it's a coil issue. If not, and it professionally calibrated.

Monte[/size]

Yes, I swapped coils, tried new batteries and it still does the same. I think I'll contact White's and ship the detector to them. Thank you for your reply.

I contacted a White's repair center and they told me I could adjust the trimmer myself, but use caution and not turn it very far. I proceeded and only turned the trimmer about 1/16 of an inch and it worked perfectly, the quarter now reads in the proper block on the visual ID screen. Everything seems to be in working order after a few test. I want to thank all of those that replied to my problem. Thank you and good luck in your treasure hunting.