Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Classic III Help

lv2jamm

I'm relatively new at this and could use some help or suggestions.
I have a Classic III with the Blue Max 950 coil which is about a year old. Most of my hunting is in wooded areas with pour ground for relics. I'm considering purchasing a new coil but not sure where to begin(to many options)or a new machine. Would a coil for the DFX or MXT work on a Classic? My main concern is depth but in the woods an 18" coil would be to big. On a recent outing a friend using a Nautilus was picking items up that I didn't even read no matter what adjustments I made. Sorry this is so long but I'm not sure what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

DFX,M6 and MXT coils will not work on your unit.
The classic have a frequncy of 6.59khz and the DFX,MXT and M6 works on the 14khz also the DFX works on the 3khz also.
You may want to look at the M6 or MXT for relics hunting.
M6 is what I use and it is a deeep hunter.

Thanks for the info. As much as I would like to buy a new one I think I'm going to have to wait a year or two. I don't think it would go over to well with my better half just yet, since the one I have is a year old. For now maybe a new coil is the best way to go but I'll keep the M6 in mind.
Again Thanks

Hi Iv2jamm,

There is something else you might want to consider instead of getting a different coil. A lot of people have had their Classics modified by Mr. Bill. The end results of the mods are that the machine can search deeper. You can check out the mods at the attached link.

http://www.surfscanner.com/

Hope you find a good solution to your problem.
Hunt4Fun

I can tell you with certainty, the Classic III SL offers more potential than many might realize for all around performance. They key here is potential!

Properly outfitted with two coils, anyone using a Classic III SL or IDX Pro (if they would like to use Target ID at times) only has to master the detector, do what they can to enhance it's abilities, and then apply the basics (location, research, proper technique) to be successful.

Are there some makes & models on the market that might provide you with more features? Yes. Are there other makes & models available that might provide you with a different level of performance in certain ways and for certain applications? Yes. But if you wonder if having a second coil will help you be successful, the answer is also 'Yes,' and I'd be glad to help you via E-mail learn and master the Classic III SL.

An excellent coil to compliment the stock 950 on your Classic III SL is one of the 6

Before you put more money into the Classic III, consider the higher frequency newest model, the Whites M6. Other than that, you can tweak the Classic III's internal ground balance point for the average neighborhood conditions.

If your lifestyle takes you to other locations with differing ground conditions, then as Monte stated, consider the Mr Bill Mod which most people like.

The Nautilus Detectors utilize DMC Technology so one side of the headphones is listening to the All Metal Mode and the other to the Discrimination Mode. A Distinct advantage in depth, but busier.

Surfscanner Detectors
24 River Hill Road
Hatchville, MA 02536-4037
Phone: Voice 508/457-4805
Mr.Bill@Surfscanner.com