Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Class ring (Long post)

CliffHanger

In Feb 07, in a park I frequently hunt because it's only fifteen minutes from home I found this 1986 high school class ring.
I live between the park and the high school the ring is from. About a twenty mile spread from school to park with me in the middle.

I called the school and the woman that answered said - "Bring the ring in and I'll put it in the safe."
My obvious reply was. "It will sit unclaimed in the safe until the next ice age, no offence. May I come in and look at a '86 yearbook." A little disgruntled she said "Yes."

The school librarian, a much more efficient yearbook detective than I, found the only gentleman with initials S.E.F. in the book. BINGO!

Every # listed in the local phone book under that last name was called, about twenty. No luck.

Checking the internet under the name of the school again, low and behold I found the name of a lady who organized their 2006 class reunion. She said. "Give me 15 minutes and I'll have a phone number and/or address for you." Five minutes later she called back and said. "I only have an address."
Great! And not too far from my home either.

8:00 PM. I drive to the street the house is on. No one home. Spotting two teenage young men shooting hoops in a driveway close by I asked "Do you know what time these people usually get home?" The older one replied, "They moved out last week."

I related this to the lady that gave me the address. She told me she had already sent over a hundred E-mails to former classmates of S.E.F. and she said "Sure" when I asked if I could leave the ring with her.

I'm sure this classy lady will eventually get the ring back to one luck guy.

All the best

Cliffhanger

PS You never know what's going to happen after you dig a little hole.
[attachment 51695 MLRingB.JPG]
[attachment 51696 MLRingA.JPG]
[attachment 51697 MLringTop.JPG]