Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:clap:A couple more silvers for 2009

Bob in SoMd

It's pretty cold here but the ground is still soft.

Worked a curb and sidewalk for just over an hour and made it count with a 1926-D Merc, a 1943-D Washington. Also found 6 wheaties including a 1914 that, no matter how much I stare at through my loupe, won't grow a 'D' mint mark. The dime was iffy and down about 5 inches right next to a sidewalk. Found the cool glass marble in the same hole.

The quarter was my last signal of the day. This one was curbside in some tangled roots. Initially read 6 inches, 94 VDI, then "Big Item" so I'm thinking big iron. Got down about 4 inches and there it was. Didn't find any other metal around it so not sure why the VDI was way up. Sorry it doesn't clean up well. Probably 50+ years of road salt and fertilizer don't help.

[attachment 148852 30Dec2009002.jpg] [attachment 148853 30Dec2009003.jpg] [attachment 148854 30Dec2009004.jpg]

Thanks George.

I'm using the 5.3 pretty much all the time.

Bob

I sure love seeing your finds when we've got over 8" of snow on the ground here. What a great display of coins and I love the marble too. Great hunting Bob! :thumbup: I bet you'll be back there again soon. Gotta love those silver coins. Have you tried vitamin "D" on the 1914 wheat cent? :rofl: Just kidding. Great find! thanks for posting and HH, Nancy

Great finds. That 43 quarter looks in bad shape. Isn't the quarters from that date
supposed to be mostly silver? The silver I have found doesn't uselly look tarnished
like the 43 you got there.
Keep up the good work and Happy New year. Hope 2010 is a good
year for you.
Katz

Thanks All!

I think the quarter suffered from being right next to the curb and subject to both fertilizer and road salt treatments for many years. The second silver GW I've found along the curbs in this development. Similar corrosion. Since it's a common date w/ only bullion value, I'll take some cleaner to it during one of the many bowl games. If it cleans up, I'll repost a pic.

Happy New Year to all!

Bob

Here's a slightly better pic after some electolysis.

[attachment 148954 NewYearsEve005.jpg] [attachment 148955 NewYearsEve006.jpg]

Cliff,

It's an apartment housing area that was built in the '40's. Lots of grass between the curb and the sidewalk.

I'm probably just north of you in the Beltway. We're they re-doing the curb/sidewalk in this development, or we're you just detecting by walking about? Nice finds in either case.

Thanks/Cliff

Hi Cliff,

The ground froze up pretty quickly around here, didn't it? New Year's Day was my last hunt.

I was just working the curb. It's not being redone - the nearby apartments are being leveled so the time is ticking before the site is obliterated. My lesche is good but I'd need a pick out there now!