Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Civil war finds from today

TNHunter

Went back out today in East TN to try my new SEF 10x12 coil for my M6. I started out by finding parts of 2 Spencer Cartridges. Later I found Confederate Block I cuff button in same area that I had previously found Block I coat button. My next find was Eagle cuff button. I later found my first William's cleaner. I found this rivet with leather still attached to it near the Williams cleaner. Do you all think it is period? I sure hope so! Also found some lead cast off not sure if there are teeth marks in it. Thanks for looking.
Paul

I find a lot of that where I hunt back east. There it was poured to make fishing weights and line weights. Your s is more likely bullet making. One side is a cast of the ground it fell on - the piece on the left shows that.

Nice finds. That leather must have been well treated for so much to survive, wonder what it was? I have only found bits surrounding a rivet.

HH

hi tnhunter, it all looks genuine to me. i see you had a great day! two decent buttons in one day is hard to beat! congratulations on your finds. hh,

Sweet finds right there! Congrats! All period. That cuff I is a tough button to find. Man, I have to admit I enjoyed looking at it all. From the button to the leather, great finds!

Richard